Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The OFFICIAL Bent Knee / Cuneiform press release (accept no substitutes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

I was kinda suspecting something like this to happen, but then that inner daemon kept massing in my left ear how "Steve just wouldn't sign a vocal-heavy band, and def not a 'rock' one!"
    I personally, did not see it coming and was rather shocked when it did!

Gavin, Bent Knee's drummer, stopped by my radio program last night. We discussed the recent signing and played some of his favorite music (The Residents, Cardiacs, Genesis, Henry Cow). You can listen to that interview here.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    some of his favorite music (The Residents, Cardiacs, Genesis, Henry Cow).
    One helluva cool shoppinglist for some acquainted with only one or the other .
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

The OFFICIAL Bent Knee / Cuneiform press release (accept no substitutes!)

One helluva cool shoppinglist for some acquainted with only one or the other .
    Yes! Gavin's tastes are terrifically diverse.

He just convinced me to buy a They Might be Giants cd and he's working on me to get some Laurie Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Laurie Anderson is great, looking forward to seeing her at Big Ears
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Unique may be a word that's overused, but certainly not in the case of the incredible Laurie Anderson!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

he's working on me to get some Laurie Anderson.
    Laurie A. was the fave artist of my first wife, and although I'd certainly heard some of her stuff prior to that, I was duly introduced now that I was living with someone who truly loved and "got" Anderson's vision. I still keep my vinyl of United States Live, alas it's a vast project to take so it's been a while since I actually sat down and played it.

Saw her live some time in the late 90s in my then hometown of Bergen, and she was absolutely fabulous. 100% solo performance with lights, film, MIDI installations and that crystal violin. Pure magic.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I was kinda suspecting something like this to happen, but then that inner daemon kept massing in my left ear how "Steve just wouldn't sign a vocal-heavy band, and def not a 'rock' one!"
    Bent Knee are just another stepping stone on Cuneiform's road to full spectrum dominance!
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

^

Supreme Spectral Triumph of the Runes?!

"Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

The Residents, Cardiacs, Genesis, Henry Cow...They Might Be Giants, Laurie Anderson[/URL].
    Woah- it looks like Gavin and I have very similar tastes! Off to listen to the interview...
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Actually, it's rather confusing, and something I usually have to think about to get right. It's not entirely an irregular usage - that bane of foreigners learning English - but comes close to it. Here's an analogy, concocted to avoid the irregularity issue:

The feet are Bob's, the hands are Jane's, the leaves are the tree's.
    The feet are his, the hands are hers, the leaves are its
    - but not the feet are hi's, the hands are her's, the leaves are it's.

(a bit awkward, and not quite normal usage, but it avoids the additional confusing irregularity around him-his and her-hers)
    I used to always mix up its and it's, so I finally just got in the habit that any time I see "it's" I mentally pronounce it as "it is". That usually keeps me from using the wrong one, but I STILL get it wrong sometimes.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgArtist View Post
    Woah- it looks like Gavin and I have very similar tastes! Off to listen to the interview...
    All of which is interesting - because, from listening to Gavin, I would have guessed that he was almost entirely a hip-hop guy: He seems to either lay out completely, or play BIG and LOUD and SOLID and SQUARED-OFF, and does almost nothing in-between. A bit like a drum machine being mixed out or in. And also, a bit like a modernized version of John Weathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post
    I used to always mix up its and it's, so I finally just got in the habit that any time I see "it's" I mentally pronounce it as "it is". That usually keeps me from using the wrong one, but I STILL get it wrong sometimes.
    I noticed that the band have fixed that now, as well as Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    And also, a bit like a modernized version of John Weathers.
    Funny since, as far as I know, Gavin isn't into Gentle Giant.