Thread: Rerelease from Airlord - Clockwork Revenge on unknown label

Rerelease from Airlord - Clockwork Revenge on unknown label

Recently the LP from Airlord, Clockwork Revenge (1977), was released on CD ("digitally Remastered") by the to me unknown label Paisley Press from Germany.
    That label has release a couple of more re-releases, mostly in the old prog- and jazz-rock vein, but I can't find a website.

The new CD-version sound quite good, a whole lot better than the Tachika-release which had many LP-sounds.

This are the other CD's released by Paisley Press:

ABRAXIS - ABRAXIS
    ABRAXIS - ABRAXIS
    CD (Compact Disc) · PAISLEY PRESS · 31/10/2015 · in PSYCHEDELIC / PROGRESSIVE / FOLK

Originally released in 1977, now reissued on CD. Abraxis was a jazz/fusion band from Brussels. The music on the band's s/t album is an enjoyable mixture of flute dominated jazz, Canterbury inspired fusion and '70s funk.

AIRLORD - CLOCKWORK REVENGE
    CD (Compact Disc) · PAISLEY PRESS · 31/10/2015 · in PSYCHEDELIC / PROGRESSIVE / FOLK

Originally released in 1975 and here on CD, this a progressive rock album by a 5-piece band from Wilmington, New Zealand! For Genesis-fans who don't mind some hard-rock touches either.

BIB SET - IT WASN'T MEANT TO HAPPEN
    BIB SET - IT WASN'T MEANT TO HAPPEN

Swirling, Hammond organ-heavy progressive spaceiness from Sweden, originally issued in 1969 on the Toniton label. The bandname refers to leader Bjorn Ingvar Bjornsson's initials. This was the group's sole release, but its reputation has only grown over the years and it is ... read more »

BOTH HANDS FREE - BOTH HANDS FREE
    BOTH HANDS FREE - BOTH HANDS FREE

Originally released in 1976, this album was recorded by a UK jazz fusion combo with a style reminding of mid-period Nucleus or the Scottish band Head.

CARGO (CANADA) - SIMPLE THINGS
    CARGO (CANADA) - SIMPLE THINGS

Originally released in 1970, here on CD. The second album by the Toronto, Ontario-based outfit that recorded two albums and two singles in 1969-'71. This bluesy psych/jazz rock album is quite sought after.

CHETARCA - CHETARCA
    CHETARCA - CHETARCA

Originally released in 1975. An enjoyable, decidedly Australian take on the 'keyboard trio' format. Recorded in an inimitable Australian style, there's a heavy dose of blues injected into the music, with even some harmonica solos here and there!

LIGHT (IRELAND) - LIGHT
    LIGHT (IRELAND) - LIGHT

Originally released in 1978. An Irish band from the late 70's. The vocals on this s/t album remind of Rory Gallagher and the songs have a Thin Lizzy-ish quality with some nice dual harmony guitars.

MEMORIANCE - ET APRES
    MEMORIANCE - ET APRES

Originally released in 1976, here on CD. High quality prog rock from France.

MIRROR - DAYBREAK
    MIRROR - DAYBREAK

An interesting symphonic album, originally released in 1976.

PANDORA - MEASURES OF TIME
    PANDORA - MEASURES OF TIME

A Genesis influenced album with some remarkable popsike leanings, originally released in 1974, now reissued on CD.

WAVE - WAVE
    WAVE - WAVE

A CD-reissue of a rare psych-funk album, originally released in 1972.

WOMEGA - A QUICK STEP
    WOMEGA - A QUICK STEP

Originally released in 1975, now on CD. This is the debut-album by a Belgian progressive rock act. Influences include the Canterbury scene and Zappa, and mellotron and flute are among the instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post

ABRAXIS - ABRAXIS Originally released in 1977, now reissued on CD. Abraxis was a jazz/fusion band from Brussels. The music on the band's s/t album is an enjoyable mixture of flute dominated jazz, Canterbury inspired fusion and '70s funk.

CHETARCA - CHETARCA

MEMORIANCE - ET APRES

WOMEGA - A QUICK STEP
    These are all good, but the Abraxis is a SERIOUS deal! I've got a CD-R of this and still keep searching for an ever-so-wornout copy of the original vinyl - it's still in my top ten most wanted Western European 70s progressive gems. Highly refined and intricate progressive fusion with members from Cos, Esperanto, Pazop and Placebo, and absolutely enpar with everything ever done by any of those. Fabulous record!

Do you know if anyone's actually stocking these titles?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Don't know about the other titles, but I've only seen the odd copy of Memoriance on ebay (with the label credited as "Paisley Park"). Can't find any info on the label, so until someone can confirm this is legit, I'll consider it a pirate edition.

Paisley Press is just a Pirate like lables as Great Barrier Records or Second Harvest or Flawed Gems or Prog Temple etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    These are all good, but the Abraxis is a SERIOUS deal! I've got a CD-R of this and still keep searching for an ever-so-wornout copy of the original vinyl - it's still in my top ten most wanted Western European 70s progressive gems. Highly refined and intricate progressive fusion with members from Cos, Esperanto, Pazop and Placebo, and absolutely enpar with everything ever done by any of those. Fabulous record!

You can get all this Pirate stuff here: http://www.numusi.de

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Paisley Press is just a Pirate like lables as Great Barrier Records or Second Harvest or Flawed Gems or Prog Temple etc. etc. etc.
    Thanks. I was going to ask this.

Tachika are pirates as well.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Considering the variety of their releases and the similtaneous street day, I have serious doubts they are legit. They probably are the same german guys that are behind similar labels as Second Harvest, O-Music or Flawed Gems. Just a look at the cover or the disk could instantly persuade me.

Tachika are worse than these. They are CDRs.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Considering the variety of their releases and the similtaneous street day, I have serious doubts they are legit. They probably are the same german guys that are behind similar labels as Second Harvest, O-Music or Flawed Gems. Just a look at the cover or the disk could instantly persuade me.

Tachika are worse than these. They are CDRs.
    I also had my doubts, especially because there's no information whatsoever on the internet. Just some shops who sell this.
    But like I wrote: the quality of the Airlord-remaster is so much better than the Tachika-version and I just like that album so much I thought I could take a chance.

I guess I’ll just cling to my Infinity vinyl of Clockwork Revenge for the rest of my days.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I guess I’ll just cling to my Infinity vinyl of Clockwork Revenge for the rest of my days.
    Yeah. We'll never part with our Airlord vinyls.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I guess Lost 80s Record Company is also one of them.
    At a record-fair I once found a fine version of "Shades Of Liberty", the debut-album from Silent Running, an Irish band that made music containing the best elements of Simple Minds and early U2.
    The digipack looks great, while the music sounds very well, but I have no idea where this Australian company stands for.

By the way, I also keep my LP-version of Airlord!

^^

Very likley.

Normaly all those pirates apear out of nothing, release a bunch of tasty stuff... and disappear again into nothing.

Next one seems to be a lable called "Bamboo Sound Carrier" who will release "A Young Man's Gash" on CD.

I'm pretty sure that lables like O-Music, Second Harvest, Great Barrier Records and Paisely Press are run by the
    very same guy's. Most likley from Berlin Germany.

Next one seems to be a lable called "Bamboo Sound Carrier" who will release "A Young Man's Gash" on CD.

So a second pirate version of this disk after the Germanofon one...
    Last edited by spacefreak; 11-29-2015 at 03:04 PM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Looks like the pirates are as active as ever. It seems they go to my blog and pick which albums have yet to be reissued legitimately. So very discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Looks like the pirates are as active as ever. It seems they go to my blog and pick which albums have yet to be reissued legitimately. So very discouraging.
    The pirates drove me out of the reissue biz and sucked the air out of the room. Buyers didn't care if a release was legit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    The pirates drove me out of the reissue biz and sucked the air out of the room. Buyers didn't care if a release was legit or not.
    Mmm, I don't think that's the whole story.
    Buyers can't always know if something is a pirate or a legit release. I think sellers like you have more information than a normal buyer, especially when someone's buying stuff in a record-shop.
    When you've never heard of Paisley Press why would you be concerned if it is a pirate or not? Should you be concerned with EVERY new label?
    It took me some internet exploring before I noticed nothing was to be found on this label, so my conclusion was that it was probably a pirate, which is why I started this thread.
    I try to buy directly from artists when it's possible or else from legitimate sellers, so it's too easy to say buyers don't care.
    And what if you can finally lay your hands on for instance that unreleased David Sancious album, why wouldn't you buy it even if it was from a pirate? Should I wait till I'm old and deaf?
    But I agree with you when it's about releases from bands like Kenso, which have had official releases and are now being sold by pirates in low-budget versions.