Thread: Moraz reissue box set

Moraz reissue box set

"She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

$ 198 according Moraz' site https://patrickmoraz.neucart.com/all-19-cds-box-set
    Some CD's are only available in this set. Clever ;-)

Too pricy and I have most of these. I love Moraz but $200 worth to get the three CDs I'm missing

are most of them pop stuff? 'i' was kind of proggy but the fact that he played with the Moody Blues makes me wonder what the rest of his stuff is like.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

I believe the great Moraz came along at a time when Yes really needed a shot in the arm---and he saved the Moodies by energizing them too with one of their biggest selling albums---so admire him---love some of his solo stuff but only about half----still want to see a Relayer tour with him and Yes---yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    are most of them pop stuff? 'i' was kind of proggy but the fact that he played with the Moody Blues makes me wonder what the rest of his stuff is like.
    Story of I is just best and has his relayer era creativity (Latin percussion focused concept prog). Don't miss this one

Moraz 3 is the closest to story of I it sounds a little dated (synth sounds) still worth it in my opinion

The latter 5 releases are solo piano and worth the listen but didn't grab me the way

His work with Refugee was equal to his work with Yes (IMHO) his second and third solos are worth a listen Out in the Sun and III.. Can't say anything after that captured my attention.. I had several of them but got rid of them during one of my "clean outs" of old vinyl I just didn't listen to anymore.. For nostalgia.. I put on Mainhorse every so often.. nice Hammond work on that release..

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    $ 198 according Moraz' site https://patrickmoraz.neucart.com/all-19-cds-box-set
    Some CD's are only available in this set. Clever ;-)
    All those CDs were previously released individually and are still available. Live at Abbey Road, for example, is 79c second-hand on Amazon right now...

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    His work with Refugee was equal to his work with Yes (IMHO) his second and third solos are worth a listen Out in the Sun and III.. Can't say anything after that captured my attention.. I had several of them but got rid of them during one of my "clean outs" of old vinyl I just didn't listen to anymore.. For nostalgia.. I put on Mainhorse every so often.. nice Hammond work on that release..
    Agree--like his first 3 solos somewhat---and his work with Bruford was fun---the rest not so much

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    All those CDs were previously released individually and are still available. Live at Abbey Road, for example, is 79c second-hand on Amazon right now...
    And it is definitely worth that!

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    Yes, I heard that too. I only noticed Patrick mentioned this on his site, so someone like me who hasn't got one Moraz-album could easily be fooled. I do have Refugee and some stuff with Bill Bruford.