Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: * Black Star Bowie *

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Blackstar is arguably a real masterpiece. But the general mood/circumstances mean that it is not an album I can return to regularly- it's still quite raw. I recall hearing 'I Can't Give Everything Away' before his death and thinking that it was a good epitaph to go out on (considering all of his enigmatic 'personas' etc.), never in a million years dreaming of what would actually follow a couple of days later.

Top 5:

Station To Station
    Low
    Ziggy
    Hunky Dory
    Diamond Dogs
    I can't believe I forgot Station to Station in my list!

I Can't Everything Away is one of the best album closers in a long time.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I picked up the Berlin years box set last month and have difficult getting Low and Lodger out of my player.
    A New Career in a New Town - just received this today and it's indeed nice. Still have a lot to listen to. A few odd choices - single edits, mostly - but the book that comes with it is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    A New Career in a New Town - just received this today and it's indeed nice. Still have a lot to listen to. A few odd choices - single edits, mostly - but the book that comes with it is really nice.
    Did they fix the volume drop in "Heroes" that everyone was screaming about when this was first released?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Did they fix the volume drop in "Heroes" that everyone was screaming about when this was first released?
    they fixed it!
    but sadly the whole box is compressed to death!
    Cant listen to it!