Thread: Wakeman, Hackett, Marillion & Alice Cooper to perform at new UK Indoor festival!

Wakeman, Hackett, Marillion & Alice Cooper to perform at new UK Indoor festival!

Wakey also to perform 'King Arthur' with choir and orchestra but sadly not on ice lol!

Alice Cooper and Rick Wakeman will headline a new indoor festival next year. Stone Free will take place at London's O2 venue on June 18 and 19, and will also feature Marillion, Blackberry Smoke and Steve Hackett. More acts will be announced in due course.

“Coming to the UK is always like coming home for us. Fans in the UK are always high energy, always there," says Cooper. "Headlining the very first Stone Free Festival at London’s The O2 in June next year is an example of why we feel so welcome. It will be my only performance in the UK next year, so that makes it even more special. And, as always with my show, you can expect the unexpected!"

"After the success of the Journey To The Centre Of The Earth shows last year, I’m over the moon to have the opportunity to perform King Arthur for the first time since 1975 with an orchestra and choir," adds Wakeman. "It’s going to be wonderful!"

Stone Free will feature multiple stages, special acoustic performances, Q&As with headline performers, cinema screenings (including Jean Luc Godard's Sympathy for the Devil, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Live at Knebworth Fair 1976, and Supermensch: The Legend Of Shep Gordon), a vinyl fair, market stalls, classic album playbacks, craft beers and street food alongside the venue's restaurants.

Day, weekend and Rock Royalty tickets (including artist meet & greets and signing sessions), will go on sale from the festival website at 10am on Friday November 20.

This sounds like a lot of fun...best of luck with this event!!

Live Prog music, records, and craft beers. The market research / focus group must have been made up of mes.

Seems a little late to be announcing this. I'd like to attend but am already attending HRH prog and going to Download the weekend before this event with my metal friends (although I'm looking forward to Rammstein and Sabbath). I'd imagine a lot of folk are already commited to their big money items for next summer like this. I suspect in the middle of London with that line up it'll still draw a fair crowd.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    What about Hackett on ice? They could have Nad skating around during the instrumental parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeswave View Post
    Seems a little late to be announcing this. I'd like to attend but am already attending HRH prog and going to Download the weekend before this event with my metal friends (although I'm looking forward to Rammstein and Sabbath). I'd imagine a lot of folk are already commited to their big money items for next summer like this. I suspect in the middle of London with that line up it'll still draw a fair crowd.
    I was contemplating HRH Prog but the line-up has made me pull the trigger on this one, plus more acts to be announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I was contemplating HRH Prog but the line-up has made me pull the trigger on this one, plus more acts to be announced!
    I thought it was the best line up yet. Depends what you're into of course.