Thread: Joe Satriani- Shockwave Supernova tour

Orcopian

Joe Satriani- Shockwave Supernova tour

Thinking back I bought surfing with the alien on vinyl in 1987 and i think and have bought all of joes albums since then, so that must make me a big fan even though I don't see him as a particular favourite, being more of a prog fan but I do enjoy his music a lot, he is far more melodic than the majority of shredder guitarists to my mind.

Anyway Fast forward to 2015 I finally get to see joe live for the first time, what a fabulous fun night in cardiff on the uk leg of his tour, I haven't been to a big 'rock' gig for years but it was great, amazing stage show with lights & back projections and a sensational set, but of course for PE readers the bonus of Mike Keneally, marco minnemann AND Bryan Beller as joes backing band - come on that is awesome.

Great to see Mike getting lots of time in the spotlight upfront playing quite a few lead breaks not just keyboards, there were quite a few zappa t shirts on display in the crowd so I guess Mike had quite a few fans in the house including me, after his last show at club ifor Bach that's no surprise.

but of course joe was the main guy and he was stunning, thanks for a great show.

I've always been a Satch fan and really like this new one. Glad to hear it was a great show. I'd love to see it, especially with those other musicians involved. Such talent!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Only seen Joe once must have been tour for his second album.. Stu was with him.. small venue at a college.. Wonderful memories.. Likewise I bought everything he released up to a certain point.. last being Engines of Creations.. I think I've also got Satriani live from '06 Love this guy but must have OD'ed on him which explains not having bought any of his most recent releases..

I saw the Unstoppable Momentum tour. His band was Keneally, Bryan Beller, and Marco Minnemann . Joe was in good form.
    I really went to see his band, and Steve Morse opening.
    Keneally did his amazing (almost) simultaneous guitar and keyboard shredding. Beller and Minnemann were awesome.
    I enjoyed it more than I expected. I thought Morse got shorted, but that is show business.

Since they are reprising that lineup I may have to grab a ticket. Nope. Gonna be in Knoxville at Bigears that night. Bummer
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Going to see him in Reno in February 2016!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Have seen Joe about 10 times including the last few tours with Mike. I am so excited to see them playing my favorite song If I could Fly. Just got tickets to see the tour in April at the Keswick in Glenside PA. Can't wait.