Thread: Genesis Lamb Book

Genesis Lamb Book

Just stumbled on this thing:

http://stereo33books.com/genesis-lam...page-previews/

Will probably cost a fair bit, but looks fascinating. I wonder when if / it is due for release?

Hope it's a little more digestible than this one on Amazon... Not for the faint (or hairless) hearted...
    Making Wikipedia marginally more interesting at:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCul...PXchSo_vDxtcLg

Interesting! I may just have to pick up on that.

As for the other one, that appears to be the book version of The Annotated Lamb, which had been floating about on the net for quite a few years in various formats. I think I used to have the html version! Yes, it's extremely detailed, but that should come as no surprise having been written by Dr. Kevin Holm-Hudson, assistant professor of theory in the School of Music at the University of Kentucky. I found the parts that I read to be utterly fascinating.

Now THIS fits the "autobuy" test
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

I'm getting this one---I think a reunion tour of The Lamb should coincide with the release of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    I'm getting this one---I think a reunion tour of The Lamb should coincide with the release of the book.
    That ad is nearly 2 years old. And the most recent comment regarding the release is nearly a year ago. Not sure if the book will ever see the light of day. Much like a reunion.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Suspended
    The review seems short on detail, but my impresswion is that it's tour souvenir coffee-table book.

The other onem however, (via Ashgate) looks interesting, and I may just give in to temptation on that. Every time I cone back to this album it seems to have something more to give, whether it's in the music, lyrics I had not assimilated before, or aspects of the artwork.