Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Uriah Heep

^Most of those guys have a couple of songs I like and that's it- with Nugent it's 'Stranglehold' and 'Cat Scratch Fever', nothing else really. REO Speedwagon, I like the 80s hits.

The harmonies alone lift Uriah Heep out of that sort of sound IMHO. And David Byron was too 'dramatic' vocally, I think, most of the 'meat and potatoes' rock bands didn't have a singer in that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    Parents by Budgie
    This was altogether the single best track Budgie ever did. Closing off an album which kept their ridiculously ill-paced version of "Baby Please Don't Go" (where the vox comes out like a Smurf due to a technical sped-up error, rumoured as a homage to their Welsh heroes Man, whose singer Micky Jones sported such a voice by nature), "Parents" demonstrates what a talented vocalist Burke Shelley truly was back then. And they had one of the greatest band names ever.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    ^^^Good choices, especially the Sweet Freedom tracks! Stealin' is also a good melodic rocker!
    I listened to Sweet Freedom in summer of '74...I think it was their last 'classic' LP. Followed Wonderworld I have found rather patchy. Except the title song, not much to listen to. Same for RtF. When Lawton and Boulder came, they made a good album, with awful lyrics though. Since Innocent Victim I lost interest...Though I have bought their last two albums, but one spin was enough in both cases.