Thread: RIP Rudolfo Maltese (Banco)

RIP Rudolfo Maltese (Banco)

This can be moved to OT later but I know there's a lot of Banco fans on here so I figured I would post this on the main page. Also, didn't see anything else on here about it.

From Laudio on the Aural Moon website:

Just found out that Rudy has passed away at 68 on Oct 5th, 2015... Another Banco musician is laid to rest... I was very fortunate to have seen Banco twice in concert and will always remember Rodolfo and Francesco and along with Vittorio will forever be one of the greatest bands ever! Such passionate live performances..unbelievable and unforgettable.
    thanks for the music...

This is translated from an Italian website....

He died Saturday night at the Policlinico Umberto I in Rome Rodolfo Maltese, historical guitarist of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, affectionately nicknamed Rudy from fans and friends. A name very dear to fans of progressive rock, which already have cried on February 21, 2014, the death of Francesco Di Giacomo. The musician has long fought against cancer, but, despite the disease, has always conducted its business with the Bank and its parallel projects. On the Facebook page of the Banco del Mutuo Soccorso it appeared this touching farewell message, citing their masterpiece Moby Dick: "We gather in silence collected, discreet, deep - just like you Rudy. The pain and 'too, but you dedicate the smile that, in so many years, you have made us never fail .... And you will dance to the heart hitting the moon. "

I apologize for the spelling error. After I posted this I realized his first name is Rodolfo. Anyway, RIP.

There was a thread on this, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    This can be moved to OT later but I know there's a lot of Banco fans on here so I figured I would post this on the main page. Also, didn't see anything else on here about it.

From Laudio on the Aural Moon website:

Just found out that Rudy has passed away at 68 on Oct 5th, 2015... Another Banco musician is laid to rest... I was very fortunate to have seen Banco twice in concert and will always remember Rodolfo and Francesco and along with Vittorio will forever be one of the greatest bands ever! Such passionate live performances..unbelievable and unforgettable.
    thanks for the music...

This is translated from an Italian website....

He died Saturday night at the Policlinico Umberto I in Rome Rodolfo Maltese, historical guitarist of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, affectionately nicknamed Rudy from fans and friends. A name very dear to fans of progressive rock, which already have cried on February 21, 2014, the death of Francesco Di Giacomo. The musician has long fought against cancer, but, despite the disease, has always conducted its business with the Bank and its parallel projects. On the Facebook page of the Banco del Mutuo Soccorso it appeared this touching farewell message, citing their masterpiece Moby Dick: "We gather in silence collected, discreet, deep - just like you Rudy. The pain and 'too, but you dedicate the smile that, in so many years, you have made us never fail .... And you will dance to the heart hitting the moon. "
    Thanks for posting the cause of death. People here are too PC to post it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    There was a thread on this, fwiw.
    Well, I didn't see it. If the moderators want to either merge it or delete this post I'm ok with that. However, I would like to be directed to the other thread.

I was just trying to let you know maybe why no one had posted in your thread.
    I think the other one was in the main forum, so it's probably back a page or two. Unless the mods moved it. I'm reading on a phone, so it might be easier for you to locate. You could also try your luck with the search box.

Ok. Thanks. I see it now(actually there's two other threads). I didn't realize this was such old news. I'll be sure to look a little harder next time.

Hey, no problem! Thanks for the additional information on his passing. I had seen several Banco videos on You Tube in the last couple of years where he looked unwell. I'm very sorry to hear that he had a battle with cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    Hey, no problem! Thanks for the additional information on his passing. I had seen several Banco videos on You Tube in the last couple of years where he looked unwell. I'm very sorry to hear that he had a battle with cancer.
    Knowing the cause of death puts everything in context doesn't it?