Thread: Big Big Train - English Electric Part 1 on vinyl, with bonus tracks!

Big Big Train - English Electric Part 1 on vinyl, with bonus tracks!

Plane Groovy have yet another huge announcement this bonfire night; we’re releasing the exceptional “English Electric Part 1” by Big Big Train as a double heavyweight vinyl album, in a limited edition of 500 numbered copies. This is quite simply my favourite UK release of the year, and I couldn’t be more pleased to get the chance to put the album out on vinyl.

As well as the regular album this release contains two bonus tracks; “Victorian Brickwork” from “The Underfall Yard” and “Kingmaker” which will feature new keyboard parts from Andy Tillison … recorded especially for this release.

If you’re not familiar with the album then I urge you to give it a try. For a wealth of background information about the songs themselves, please check out these links …

http://bigbigtrain.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://soundemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

… and to pre-order the album from midnight on 6 November, visit www.planegroovy.com

We expect to receive delivery of the album in mid-December.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Vinyl with bonus tracks - don't think I've ever heard of that before!

The Decemberists Picaresque vinyl had a side of bonus tracks. But considering my love for this CD I might succumb to this offer. Or demand it for Christmas.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Kingmaker is one of my favorite Big Big Train tracks (he he) of all time.

I am not entirely sure but I think these bonustracks will eventually end up on the archival collection Station Masters.

Thought UY would be first but I'm looking forward to this as well.
    The older I get, the better I was.

What a great album.
    Should be up for Album Of The Year Award.
    If you do not own English Electric - Part One. make sure to get it because it is a gem!!!!

I am not sure I understand digitally recorded material being released on vinyl (and not on CD). I assume this was digitally recorded. Nevertheless, I would be interested in hearing the bonus tracks in one form or another.
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Quote Originally Posted by 3RP View Post
    What a great album.
    Should be up for Album Of The Year Award.
    If you do not own English Electric - Part One. make sure to get it because it is a gem!!!!
    You called it! Number One album in the DPRP Poll of 2012 releases ...