Thread: Bad Dog U Live: Mark Walker (Oregon) Drum Solo

Bad Dog U Live: Mark Walker (Oregon) Drum Solo

I wasn't sure which forum to put this on; moderators, feel free to move it if you see fit.

Between the recent Oregon thread and the "Drummer Stealing the Show" one, I found myself thinking about when Mark Walker was in my band and I decided to upload this live track to Soundcloud.

This is us at a long gone club called "Orphans" in Chicago, recorded 10/16/89. The tune was basically designed to be a "drum solo sandwich;" a "head" (that's only about 2 and 1/2 minutes long), a drum solo and the head repeated. It was never recorded in the studio and obviously never made it to the album, so none of you have heard it previously.

I know there's enough people here who aren't fans of drum solos, but if you're not amongst them, Mark played a great one (actually, he always did... and it was always different)! When he was in the band, about a quarter of our audience were usually drummers, understandably!

Enough with the yakking; here's the track:

https://soundcloud.com/no-pride/nightlife-of-the-gods

Absolutely wonderful!
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

Yay! Thanks Ernie
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Bad Dog U must have been a bad ass live band. Wish I could have seen U guys live Ernie.

Now that kicked ass, NP!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    About 10 years ago I saw Oregon at a nightclub and only Moore, Towner and McCandless came back before the encore. They had no idea where Walker had run off to. After about 5 minutes, Moore tried to call him on his cell phone but he said he couldn't get any service. A while later Walker came running back in and said he had to use the restroom, and after a lot of laughter they started up again. I never did decide whether or not it was a planned gag. The same show featured a brief stoppage where Towner was having trouble with one of the keyboards, and when McCandless came over to try to help, Towner yelled at him to leave him alone. That also could have been them trying to be funny; I'm not sure.

freakin excellent!! thx

Loved that.

So wish that you guys did more together.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Sorry, my Internet was down for a couple of days. Just wanted to say thanks for listening, fellers!

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Sorry, my Internet was down for a couple of days. Just wanted to say thanks for listening, fellers!
    We thought you were just ignoring us.