Thread: Biggest Drum Ever Made?

Biggest Drum Ever Made?

Attached Images Attached Images

Yep. Guessing that's it

Suspended
    This reminds me of riding in a bus in Rio during the leadup to Carnival. We passed a street samba parade, and I swear every window in that bus had a hand emerge from it and bang on the side of the bus in time with the music, making the whole bus one big percussion instrument.

Seeing the thread title, I'd have guessed that the Spinal Tap would've come into the fore... But I don't remember any drum jokes except for all their dead former drummers.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Will Purdue University have to stop claiming their marching band has the "World's Largest Drum"?

Probably not, but it looks tiny compared to the one in the picture above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdue_Big_Bass_Drum

In feudal Japan, drums of that type were used to mark property boundaries by how far the sound carried.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Seeing the thread title, I'd have guessed that the Spinal Tap would've come into the fore... But I don't remember any drum jokes except for all their dead former drummers.
    I was thinking of Terry Bozzio.

"world's largest drum kit" {and ugliest too}! (Jesus told him to super-size it!)

worlds-largest-drum-kit-5.jpg
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

That's what Guinness and his ol' 'book of world records' says.
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

I prefer Terry Bozzio's. It looks better and more usefull. The only use of the other kit seems to be, one can hide behind it.