Thread: What happened to Silhobbit?

What happened to Silhobbit?

I used to listen to the Silhobbit podcast occasionally. It was obnoxiously entertaining. I know they had been doing stuff since the 90s. It seems to have disappeared without a trace and the co-opted website is now a spamware catastrophe.

Anybody know what happened?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Used to love their hysterically funny non-PC website.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Used to love their hysterically funny non-PC website.
    I still have a few copies of the ultra-low budget "xerox cut and paste" zine they were putting out in the early 90s. It helped big time if you were a fan of IQ, but they poked fun at the entire British neo-prog scene. Good times.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I follow Charlie O'Mara on Twitter, (and so do 1,557 other people) and he'll occasionally get enthusiastic over a new release, but we also have to share his allegiance to Arsenal FC.

I too miss his prog-wise wit, and frankly absurd side-swiping at prog heroes.
    She walks like a bearded rainbow.

Just the word Silhobbit with that faux-Marillion logo makes me laugh spontaneously when it enters my head. I have a soft spot for British neo-Prog. The more twee and over-the-top traits of the music benefitted when framed by that brand of ridiculously low-brow humor . It looks like the podcasts have completely disappeared from the web unfortunately.

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar

^Best 'shop job ever.

Enjoyed the "mag" in the 90s.