Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiacs - "The Seaside" Original Edition!

Yea, I think all the extra goodies justify the price though, plus I just looked at the original vinyl from 84, (alph lp 013) and that too only has the nine tracks of the CD, and only one of the missing four is on the Seaside Treats 12" ep, (alph 002) namely A little man and a house, the other three on Treats were already on the lp........so a purchase is imminent.

Done! Box set ordered and paid for. Now I feel like digging out all my old Yousletters, bootlegs and posters.

I played the truncated Seaside yesterday and loved every single minute of it and found myself wanting more.

Four extra tracks? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Check View Post
    Thanks, Sterbus.

Hey, is that someone else singing on Dinner Time (the first voice, centred before Tim joins in more in the left channel), or Tim doing two voices?

https://www.soundcloud.com/mary-abc/...cs-dinner-time
    Mark Cawthra

Wondering if they will use a remastered version of the original Nurses from Toy World, or the second version from the original Seaside cassette. I have both on cassette and they sound quite different. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post
    OK, SO THIS IS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
    (I had this informations from those who-know-the-truth )

"The Download codes are the whole album plus the 3 'alternate bits' "

Also, "the very end of Gina is completely different and the intros of the other two are longer on the original cassette - not a major thing but good to have the 'alternate versions' too as then there's no reason to have the previous re-issue - you have everything, in super-duper sound quality" and "note also that the '95 CD is the same as the first '90 CD + vinyl reissue in these respects - it's just the original cassette that was different. also (and I never noticed this before either!) the previous reissues are noticeably sharp in pitch..."

Hope this clarifies and WILL MAKE YOU BUY THE BOXSET like I did
    Excellent, thank you!