Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Cavaliers look like they're going to win again, but they have a troubling habit of pushing out to a nice lead, then letting the oponent back into the game.

I know it is still very early in the season, but I am beginning to believe in the Pistons. Come from behind victory against Portland tonight. Still only one loss so far.

Second time watching the Cavaliers against an improved Knicks squad in the early season. Looking like LeBron and Carmelo are going to have quite a tilt.

LeBron guards Melo in the second half and shuts him down. Then takes over the game in the 4th. Cavaliers go to 8-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Out here in the West it's picking up right where we left off with the Dubs cruising.
    Now 12-0, and even more impressive have been the margins of victory, in double digits 8 times and less then 8 points only twice: 16, 20, 14, 50(!), 4, 15, 9, 14, 16, 13, 8, and 5.

Why are the Warriors called Dubs? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Why are the Warriors called Dubs? Why?
    They are an off-shoot of Reggae.

Har har

George W Bush = Dubya ("W")

Warriors = Dubs
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    George W Bush = Dubya ("W")

Warriors = Dubs
    Lame example but spot on. Dubs = short for Ws.

Big match-up this Thursday in LA against the Clippers.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Man, LeBron is dishin' it tonight. Some of these passes are just unreal.

Warriors are 16-0. It's a rekkid.

And Philadelphia is 0-15. Can the Warriors finish the season with fewer losses than the Sixers have wins?

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    And Philadelphia is 0-15. Can the Warriors finish the season with fewer losses than the Sixers have wins?
    Isn't there some one -and -done player the Sixers are tanking for? Afaik, it's their yearly strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Isn't there some one -and -done player the Sixers are tanking for? Afaik, it's their yearly strategy.
    Is there an end game to this strategy? Aren't they eventually supposed to win games?

What happened to Kobe? Did he get old fast or is he playing hurt? Last night 1 for 14 from the field if I remember the box score. Not among the top 50 scorers in the league. Looks like he is pulling the Lakers down with him. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    What happened to Kobe? Did he get old fast or is he playing hurt?
    Probably a bit of both, but it didn't really happen all that fast. He's been in gradual decline for the past few years; look at his FG% for the past four seasons:

2012-13: 0.463
    2013-14: 0.425
    2014-15: 0.373
    2015-16: 0.311

To be fair, he's 37 and in his 20th season after missing most of the previous two seasons to injury. Few players have ever played that long and those that did (e.g. Kareem, Moses, Parish, Garnett) were likewise shadows of their former selves at the end. Tim Duncan is a notable exception.

Looks like he is pulling the Lakers down with him. Sad.
    The Lakers haven't even pretended to be interested in fielding a competitive team the past couple of years since Howard bolted and Kobe got hurt in 2013. As part of the Steve Nash trade their first round pick had to land in the top five last season and the top three this season to keep them, so the focus has been on collecting those high picks and clearing cap space to make a run at a Durant or LeBron next summer.

Oh my. J.R. Smith just did the Cam Newton Superman gesture after hitting free throws to all but close out the Hornets with Cam at courtside. Love and Tristan are doing a dance.

Watching the Warriors bomb away at Phoenix. Already 36 pts. in the first quarter and there's three minutes left.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

6'ers @ 0-17. GS up 18 @ 1/2time, on verge of 17-0.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

LeBron bails out the Cavaliers in the ugliest game of the year. Turnovers and poor shooting by both teams. They could have played in a mud pit and it wouldn't have been uglier.

0-18
    18-0
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    0-18
    18-0
    Golden State starts a six game Eastern Conference road trip tomorrow. Surely the win streak will end during that trip?

And Philadelphia is home to the Lakers tonight! If they don't win that one I smell a single-digit victory total for the season.

Golden State starts a six game Eastern Conference road trip tomorrow. Surely the win streak will end during that trip?

And Philadelphia is home to the Lakers tonight! If they don't win that one I smell a single-digit victory total for the season.
    1-18. I still smell a single-digit victory total for the season.