Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Raptors went 59-23, and earned the top seed in the Eastern Conference. Their coach, Dwane Casey, was voted Coach of the Year by his peers.

He was just fired.
    Certainly did not see that coming. We need a coach a few hours down the road in Detroit!

Boston just butt fd the Cavs.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Boston just butt fd the Cavs.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm to the point now, where, based on both his impact on Butler U. & the Celtics and his ability to win "with what he's got (see no Kyrie or Hayward)", that young Brad Stevens is the best basketball mind on the planet right now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

It's only game one.

It's only game one.
    True...but that is STILL delicate tissue back there!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

That's why I mentioned his past as well as present when I said that, Vic. I'll still think that even if the Cavs win the series.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Inching closer to Warriors/Cavs IV. I was sorta hoping Lebron wpuld be spared another beatdown from GS, but what the hell. What we are seeing LeBron do this year is remarkable. We should call him Le Brawn.

The national media absolutely buried the Cavaliers after Game 2, and I thought "Have you been watching this team all year?" The most Jekyll and Hyde team I've ever seen.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yeah, ridiculous, they have to talk about something and as ESPN has the play-offs it dominates coverage. My money is now on the Cavs. What is the rule, no-one has an edge until they win on the road.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Inching closer to Warriors/Cavs IV. I was sorta hoping Lebron wpuld be spared another beatdown from GS, but what the hell. What we are seeing LeBron do this year is remarkable. We should call him Le Brawn.
    The Cavs would get swept by Golden State unless the Warriors laid down and took a game off, but a Cavs/Rockets series could have some intrigue. Didn't think there was much of a chance of this happening, but the Rockets managed to win game 4, despite their best efforts in the last 2:30 to give it away.

^ Both teams were atrocious down the stretch last night. I don't have a rooting interest in either team, but they both had me yelling at the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The national media absolutely buried the Cavaliers after Game 2, and I thought "Have you been watching this team all year?" The most Jekyll and Hyde team I've ever seen.
    no kidding. you'd have to think that Cavs would take the 2 at home at least. still think Celts have the edge, being 9-0 at home and all. but if they lose Game 5 it's probably over...no way does LeBron lose a close-out game at home. (that said, who knows? This team is extremely weird)

Warriors/Rockets was pretty interesting last night. lots of bad basketball but it was still a good game. hard to read a whole lot into it...that 4th quarter is probably the worst I've ever seen the Warriors play. I would not count on them scoring below 100 again.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

The Cavs didn’t have to win game 7; Celtics lost it on their own. Why do these teams panic and fire off 3-pointers down the stretch when they’re only down by 4-5 points with a few minutes to go? Open lanes and they pull up and attempt a 3 with their teammates retreating and never close to getting a rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The Cavs didn’t have to win game 7; Celtics lost it on their own. Why do these teams panic and fire off 3-pointers down the stretch when they’re only down by 4-5 points with a few minutes to go? Open lanes and they pull up and attempt a 3 with their teammates retreating and never close to getting a rebound?
    That's not why they lost. They lost because the other team had Lebron James.

And though I've been saying this for years, the Cavs' victory last night was further evidence of the value that Kevin Love gives a team, which is next to nothing. That guy's stats are as empty as they come.

The Brawn vs. Golden State AGAIN! I was hoping we'd be spared this year. Lebron probably is the greatest ever but just can't see him and these Cavs beating the Ws. Maybe they win one game.

So.....Bryan Colangelo had an interesting night.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So.....Bryan Colangelo had an interesting night.
    Yeah, they're already speculating that Colangelo will be out, and David Griffin in.

Colangelo has to be out. I haven't heard any replacement names yet.

What a crazy story.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

They should bring Hinkie back, since "The Process" has largely been vindicated.

He's with the Denver Broncos now.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    That's not why they lost. They lost because the other team had Lebron James.

And though I've been saying this for years, the Cavs' victory last night was further evidence of the value that Kevin Love gives a team, which is next to nothing. That guy's stats are as empty as they come.
    I mean yeah but that's partially because LeBron seemed to be the only player ~not~ shook in that game. Celts did not play well but neither did everyone else on the Cavs, even the ones who were otherwise decent. Everytime LeBron passed the ball it seemed like the recipient went through the same process: "Why'd you pass it to me?"/either pass it back to Bron or take a contested 3

disappointed in the result of the other Game 7. GSW is an alltime great team of course, but I think a Cavs/Rockets final would've been much more fun to watch. just a brutal 3-point shooting performance, can't imagine how frustrating it would've been to actually be there. think the refs were pretty bad too but I feel like Harden's style wears on them over a series. oh well. hope the Cavs can make this interesting, but I predict they won't.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Wow, Cavs just brain farted away the game in reg, wasting Lebron 50+ point game. You have to know the game is tied. Could have simply put missed FT right back up for win or at least a foul. Cavs could have been up 1-0 on road when many were predicting a sweep. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Wow, Cavs just brain farted away the game in reg, wasting Lebron 50+ point game. You have to know the game is tied. Could have simply put missed FT right back up for win or at least a foul. Cavs could have been up 1-0 on road when many were predicting a sweep. Ouch.
    True, but beyond that, the officials determined the outcome of this game. Clean strips that were called fouls, which led to GS free throws, LeBron fouled going to the basket, no call. The reversed charge. I understand that calls are missed, but this was a close game, and all of the missed calls went against the Cavaliers. If they're called correctly, it never goes to overtime, and they survive J.R.'s blunder.

The officials are getting eviscerated on NBA TV.

Yep, the calls did go against Cavs in last few minutes. The reversed charge call probably shouldn't have been reviewed if the only reviewable part is whether LeBron is in the charge circle or not, so not sure about the ruling on that, although I did think LeBron was not completely set when I saw it in real time. Probably should have stuck with call on floor in a close play like that.
    But the JR Smith play reminded me of the Georgetown pass to the other team in the NCAA champ game--Chris Webber?
    Edit--Webber was the erroneous TO call, a different brain fart. Same kind of error.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 06-01-2018 at 12:29 AM.