Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's over, Vic.
    No kidding. It was entertaining.

Only two things kept us in this game. 1. Defence, 2. Dwayne Wade.

The better team won. We always run out of gas in the 4th quarter. Again, we were innit for 3 Qs and then we threw up on ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    .......after layup after layup after layup.....
    And FREETHROW after FREETHROW........

And now I'm watching Ice Boxing, Tor vs. Bos.

FEAR THE DEER!!

So now after 4 games Boston has blown out the Bucks once and won in o/t, and the Bucks have blown the Celts out once and today won by 2 in reg.

The #7 showed up!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

We'll, when your best player is a 36 year old veteran it tells you the team has some problems. Ya think? And when your "star" center who's been whining all season about not getting enough minutes waves out of the most important game of the series, ........the team is in deep shit.

What a disgrace. They'll either have to EAT Whiteside's contract, or try to trade him. Good luck with that.

Congrats Sixers. Good time to be a Phila sports fan. Enjoy it. I see them in the conference finals. I might as well root for them. Would love to see The Lebrons get bounced out this year.

Would love to see The Lebrons get bounced out this year.
    They're extremely vulnerable this year. Even if they make the Finals, they have no chance there.

Yeah I don't see anyone really challenging GS either. It's not GS's fault. I follow the Eastern Conference playoffs but once The Finals start I won't bother. These things are cyclical.

Go Sixers!

What a disgrace. They'll either have to EAT Whiteside's contract, or try to trade him. Good luck with that.
    Now I'm hearing The Rods (Let Them Eat Metal) as.......

Let Them EAT Contracts........

Two years ago, they had 10 wins. Now they're advancing to the second round of the playoffs. What a fun season.

And what a bunch of thugs Miami turned out to be. Some real cheap shots in that game last night.

Bring on Boston! Or Milwaukee! Doesn't matter!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The rumor is that Whiteside is gonna be traded. Please get rid of him. I was just watching a commentary by Steven A. He called Whiteside a disgrace, and an absolute embarrassment. Steven's head didn't explode but he was starting to build up some steam. I think it's time for the Heat to go into full rebuild mode.

Every time the pundits try to write off LeBron, he comes up with a game for the ages. And with essentially the Washington Generals playing around him. Pretty amazing.

The rumor is that Whiteside is gonna be traded. Please get rid of him. I was just watching a commentary by Steven A. He called Whiteside a disgrace, and an absolute embarrassment. Steven's head didn't explode but he was starting to build up some steam. I think it's time for the Heat to go into full rebuild mode.
    I'm not sure he has any trade value. Unless someone thinks they can resurrect him, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Every time the pundits try to write off LeBron, he comes up with a game for the ages. And with essentially the Washington Generals playing around him. Pretty amazing.
    That was an insane finish last night.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Yeah, they lost in overtime in a game that featured one of the most unbelievable ends to regulation forcing OT that I've ever seen (check highlights later), but this is going 7 and if the Bucks win game #2....

I was initially surprised that both Barkley & Kenny the Jet picked the Bucks to win the series, but that was before I knew that Uncle Drew was out for the series.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Go Deer

Ouch! Cavs make a statement! Yes, it's only the first game but to steal game 1 in Toronto has got to feel like a punch in the gut for the Raptiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm not sure he has any trade value. Unless someone thinks they can resurrect
    Whiteside is his own worst enemy. Shoulda heard Pat Riley's press conference. He said Whiteside needs an intervention, and he needs to change 99 percent of his thinking. Uh, yeah? .

Someone will take a chance on him I'm sure. Good luck.

I don't know if any here watched the Cavaliers-Raptors playoff game 2 today. Started at 6 PM. Anyway, it was incredible. I've seen so many of LeBron's games, and in my opinion this was the greatest performance he's ever had. I still can't believe some of the things I saw.

I caught a quarter of it. Unbelievable. Raptors fans must be on suicide watch.

God, if anything LeBron is proving that he's far from being a spent force. Where is he going, and why leave Cleveland? In the West he's still gonna have to deal with Golden State. The state of Ohio should do everything to keep him in Cleveland. I think the NFL should get involved too. Look Ohio sports fans, all we have to be proud of is LEBRON JAMES.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I don't know if any here watched the Cavaliers-Raptors playoff game 2 today. Started at 6 PM. Anyway, it was incredible. I've seen so many of LeBron's games, and in my opinion this was the greatest performance he's ever had. I still can't believe some of the things I saw.
    I only saw some highlights, but they were really impressive.

Ben Simmons probably had his worst NBA game last night. The Sixers had a 22-point lead in the second quarter and wound up losing the game. Can't have too many more of those. I hope they improve their game plan when they come back home.

Looks like it's Boston vs. Cleveland in the Eastern Conference Finals. Deal with it America.

Yep. Stick a fork in 'em.

The Raptors have run into a buzzsaw. LeBron and Love are unstoppable.