Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Honestly, I never listen to him. His voice grates on me. If you're referring to the news about D. Wade going to the Lebrons, well good for him. He would not be "The Man" down here. The Heat are over him.

Maybe, but I'll bet the tard ain't.

At this point I don't think it matters whether Wade ever returns to Miami. Loyalty no longer exists in big league sports. Wade knows he's past his prime. If his choices are a) Play with Lebron and get into the post season ( gauranteed), or b) play with the Heat off the bench, or just to finish his career here, I think he made the right choice. I don't blame him. I don't think it tarnishes his legacy.

Joel Embiid had 22 points and 7 rebounds tonight.

He played 14 minutes.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    IMO the Bucks are one player away (and it's not Jabari Parker) from being a #3 or #4 seed in the playoffs for a few years based on the players they already have locked up incl. Giannis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Bucks have a good, young team. They're going to be fun to watch develop.
    SI has the Bucks as the pre-season #3 in the East behind the Cavs & Shamrocks.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Season opener bump.

Pretty sure the Knicks win total will be in the teens this year.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Season opener bump.

Pretty sure the Knicks win total will be in the teens this year.
    As a fellow long suffering Knicks fan (I assume you are because you specifically single them out), I would sincerely like to hereby call you -

- an optimist.

(At the same time I think maybe we can manage 20. Or struggle to reach 10.)
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

OMG! Gordon Heyward broke his leg 6 minutes into his Celtics career!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

That was gruesome. Shades of Joe Theismann and Paul George. Very, very sad to see.

That was awful. Couldn't bear to watch it - I had to turn away as soon as I saw that terrible angle of foot vs. leg.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    That was awful. Couldn't bear to watch it - I had to turn away as soon as I saw that terrible angle of foot vs. leg.
    Believe it, or not Scott -

And I am, and was (much more so then than now) a Giant fan...

- I have still never seen the Theisman injury.
    (nor Paul George's for that matter)

Hope I never do.

Will do the best I can to avoid this, too.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

Looked and sounded a lot worse than the fractured ankle x-rays revealed.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

About the best I can hope for with the Pistons would be to make the playoffs. They came close last year and just a few more wins over the course of the season would do it. Making the playoffs and making it past the first round would be a big step up for this team. As long as they could make a 5 or 6 seed, I think it is possible.

^ Are they really shopping Drummond?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Are they really shopping Drummond?
    There were a lot of rumors going around back in the summer, but it seems to have died down a bit. I honestly thought he would not still be here by the beginning of the season, but so far nothing has happened.

Right up there with the Theisman injury. If you have not seen it, I would steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    Right up there with the Theisman injury. If you have not seen it, I would steer clear.
    I'll never forget the sound of the Theisman injury. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankh View Post
    As a fellow long suffering Knicks fan (I assume you are because you specifically single them out), I would sincerely like to hereby call you -

- an optimist.

(At the same time I think maybe we can manage 20. Or struggle to reach 10.)
    Did a helluva lot better then I thought they would against OKC to start the season, only losing by 21.

Fuhgeddabout dem Nets being the saviors of NY basketball after Lin went down and out for the season. Linsane...
    http://abc7ny.com/sports/nets-jeremy...-over/2556005/

Bucks have acquired Eric Bledsoe. Considering what they gave up, they must be counting on finishing pretty high in the overall standings.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Bucks have acquired Eric Bledsoe. Considering what they gave up, they must be counting on finishing pretty high in the overall standings.
    If they do, this Bucks fan thinks they're a little premature in that thinking, and giving up a 1 AND a 2 next year is too much imo. I probably would have been fine with Monroe and just the 1. Bledsoe has had one good year, and if he averages 20 pts & 5 boards like last year, then I'll rethink that. I don't see it though, considering that Middleton, Brogden and Snell all are capable of 20 plus pts. any night too, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'd have been happier if they gave the Suns Jabari Parker w/Monroe rather than the 2 draft choices, but that would have meant another 9 mil in payroll for Phx.

^ Parker is a fine player, but can't stay on the floor.

For this trade to not be seriously overpaying, Milwaukee has to be out of the Lottery this time.

Sixers have won 5 in a row.

Ben Simmons has been everything as promised.

Nobody seems to be talking about them much, but The Pistons are right behind the Celtics in the East at 8-3. It is way early, but I am beginning to think that the personnel changes they made over the summer may be paying off.

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers are in New York City to face off against the New York Knicks Monday night at Madison Square Garden. And they decided to blend in in the big city by taking the train to the Garden for their morning shoot around.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartanntp