Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    After their 10-72 season, Sixers president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo has indicated an interest in trading their first round pick, which can't be lower than 4th.

The Sixers would also get the Lakers first round pick (which can't be lower than 5th) if it falls out of the top three. The draft lottery is next Tuesday.
    That's the way to build for the future .... NOT. NBA draft picks are super valuable and trading high for quantity or vets does not a team make.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I hope we at least get to play on Sunday, win or lose. Doesn't matter, no one's beating the Cavs in the east. Kinda rooting for OKC.

God, these teams suck!

God"s got nuthin' to do with it.....

Goran Dragic is playing out of his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    God, these teams suck!
    Horribly bad.

Oh oh oh it's Dragic, you know.

Gentlemen! We survive to see another day. See you guys on Sunday.
    Last edited by Vic2012; 05-14-2016 at 06:34 AM.

We're getting blown out. Terrible shooting and mediocre defense. Well, considering we lost Bosh and Whiteside we had a decent season.

Well Vic, some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. There were some bad calls down the stretch that went against you, but no where near enough to have affected the outcome. You got killed on the boards and really lacked defensive intensity.

The Toronto fans were chanting "We want Cleveland, we want Cleveland!"...Be careful what you wish for.

There were a lot of bad calls in the game but I never blame the officiating. Dywane Wade can't carry the team. We lost two key players and it showed. Garon Drajic was flat all game. The very thing I hoped would not happen, happened. We got blown........

Whiteside pending free agency, any talk from out in Miami land? I'd love to see him in a Warrior's uni.

I hope we find a way to keep Whiteside. He became a breakout star. We need a big guy on this team. I'll take Shaquille O'Neal about now.

The Cavaliers are pretty rusty after that long layoff.

Who'da thunk that game 2 would be a must win for the Dubs. OKC was 32-9 at home.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

OKC is turning into a nice story. If they (OKC) meet the Cavs in the finals (The Cavs will be in the finals) the Cavs will be favored. The whole "psychological edge" thing will come into play being that the Lebron-led Heat beat them (swept them if I'm not mistaken) in the Finals a few years ago. I kinda wish the Cavs would finally win a Finals just to get it out of their system once and for all. It'll be the cherry on top of the cake for Lebron and Cleveland. But, "America" will root for OKC or the Warriors of course. I'm not interested in any of the remaining teams but just as a fan of the NBA I wouldn't mind seeing OKC upset Golden State.

I'm going to the first-pick-in-the-draft parade later today.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Um, OKC is not making it out of this round. The Dubs lose games, rarely, but it happens. They also NEVER lose two in a row and it's highly probable any team, with the exception of the Cavs, has a chance in a 7 game series. OKC is a good team with young-ish talent, but they still have a ways to go to be championship level.

(Here's me hoping I don't have to eat these words!)

The Raptors can't get any respect. Here was a fan poll at cbssports.com yesterday:

Who do you think will win the NBA Championship?

* Warriors
    * Thunder
    * Cavaliers
    * Other

I hope OKC at least makes it a seven game series. The Cavs will be well rested when the Finals start.

No disrepect toward the Raptors. They've had a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Um, OKC is not making it out of this round. The Dubs lose games, rarely, but it happens. They also NEVER lose two in a row and it's highly probable any team, with the exception of the Cavs, has a chance in a 7 game series. OKC is a good team with young-ish talent, but they still have a ways to go to be championship level.

Better grab the A-1 just in case!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Screw it. I'm rooting for the Cavs throughout. Hopefully Love and the other dude make it to the Finals healthy. Should be a different series this time. Yes I'm counting my eggs, but does anybody think it's not gonna be a Cavs/Warriors Final? By the way, I'm rooting for the team, not Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post

After that first game, I saw a couple pundits predicting an OKC series win, and claiming that OKC is more athletic than the Warriors. I was incredulous.

I'm expecting a Cavaliers-Warriors final, which should be like Ali-Frazier. I don't know if it will be one of the all-time great finals, but imo it will feature 2 of the best teams to play each other in the finals.

The Cavs are a force, but I don't find them entertaining.

Magic with the Lakers were entertaining.
    Bird with the Celtics were entertaining.
    Jordan with the Bulls were entertaining.
    Shaq & Kobe with the Lakers were entertaining.

LeBron with the Cavs brings no excitement to me when I am watching their games. I'm betting it's just the way I view the NBA in the last 15 or so years.

I hope the finals are entertaining.