Thread: Don't Forget Renaissance This Week & Next!

Don't Forget Renaissance This Week & Next!

I'll be seeing Renaissance tomorrow night in Fairfield. Anyone else going? Looking forward to hearing Sounds Of The Sea & A Song For All Seasons this go 'round. Here's my lil promo piece for it:
    http://progsheet1.hypermart.net/renaissance2015.html

Should be fun!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

I saw them a few years ago for the Scheherazade and Turn of The Cards tour when Micky Dunford was still alive. They were awesome and Annie is still brilliant!

Enjoy the show!

Wow man! This sure is going to be the Renaissance concert I always dreamed of... and it would have been perfect for me if they had included also Face Of Yesterday and Bound For Infinity, I love these songs as much as the other two. So sad they can never make it to come here to my homeland.. what an unforgettable concert it would be...

I know that Annie Haslam has already been here, I guess that's the reason for the title of her 1997 solo release 'Live Under Brazilian Skies', by the way never afforded to purchase that album, still looking forward to it
    "Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. ". Ludwig van Beethoven

I saw Renaissance in Milton Keynes earlier this year. They were outstanding. Annie Haslam's range & control remains remarkable. The new(ish) line-up live up to the legacy & then some! They played quite a few pieces from their most recent album, Symphony Of Light which stood up really well against the classic material.

Have a great time!

Wayne

My friend just posted about it, didn't know they were in the area. Enjoy the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Robson View Post
    Wow man! This sure is going to be the Renaissance concert I always dreamed of... and it would have been perfect for me if they had included also Face Of Yesterday and Bound For Infinity, I love these songs as much as the other two. So sad they can never make it to come here to my homeland.. what an unforgettable concert it would be...

I know that Annie Haslam has already been here, I guess that's the reason for the title of her 1997 solo release 'Live Under Brazilian Skies', by the way never afforded to purchase that album, still looking forward to it
    She's been to Brazil at least 3 times that I know of. First one was recorded on this album "Live under brazilian skies" and was a duo acoustic tour with only her and some guy playing guitar and piano (with also some pre-recorded backing tracks on a few of the songs). The second time she came with a full band, and it was just incredible. I remember well, they opened the concert with "Opening Out", and there was even a full version of "Ashes are Burning" with bass solo and everything. Then, the third time she did a concert with Flavio Venturini and Marcus Viana. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see this one, but I know they played some O Terço and some Sagrado, as well as the Renaissance songs.
    Perspective Vortex - my new solo project available now at http://perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com
    Mahtrak Progressive Jazz Rock - www.mahtrak.com

Quote Originally Posted by pmrviana View Post
    She's been to Brazil at least 3 times that I know of. First one was recorded on this album "Live under brazilian skies" and was a duo acoustic tour with only her and some guy playing guitar and piano (with also some pre-recorded backing tracks on a few of the songs). The second time she came with a full band, and it was just incredible. I remember well, they opened the concert with "Opening Out", and there was even a full version of "Ashes are Burning" with bass solo and everything. Then, the third time she did a concert with Flavio Venturini and Marcus Viana. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see this one, but I know they played some O Terço and some Sagrado, as well as the Renaissance songs.
    Thanks for such a worth knowing data! And so cool to know she met Flávio Venturini and Marcus Viana, that concert is for sure one more must have added to my whishlist, I would love to find and purchase it! I enjoy very much some works that Venturini did with Beto Guedes and Milton Nascimento, as well as some of his solo works. As for Marcus Viana, alas I know just a few of his works, amongst his varied compositions he created renowned soundtracks for some of the most distinguished brasilian TV novels and series, movies and theater pieces. I'm still in debt too with the music from the band Sagrado Coração da Terra founded by him, but O Terço indeed I listened to some of their music a long ago and back then they seemed to me a bit intricate, which somehow lost me, I would have to search for them again.
    "Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. ". Ludwig van Beethoven

I'll be at the Rockport show. Amazed that they're doing "Sounds of the Sea"-- Isn't that their most demanding song in terms of high notes? I'd assumed they never did it live because it was just too tough to sing.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'll be seeing them next Friday in Tarrytown, NY. Just saw Kansas there last weekend and Steve Hackett will be there next month. The Music Hall has become quite the prog venue, which is fantastic as its so close to me, easy to park, and great restaurants nearby.

Saw them last night. Absolutely stunning show. Be there next week if you can!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Very nice looking promo. Wonder if they'll ever come to the northwest? Likely not, but I'll have the memory of the three times they did, back in the day. 'Forever Changing' (studio) remains to this day quite possibly my favorite vocal performance ever. (along with a very few others, of course). I listened to it the other day, and it still was moving.

Well, that was really great. Compared well with any show I've seen by any lineup of Renaissance (I saw the '70s band once and most of the various '80s versions). This lineup has really gelled, there's a spirit that comes across however much you miss the original members. Nice setlist that didn't draw too heavily on the most obvious tracks. And the selection from the new album (three fairly long pieces in a row) was very strong, a bit more muscle live than on the album. And since "Song For All Seasons" has been mentioned, I'll say it was a dramatic finale with every nuance in place.

Annie was astounding-- the rough patches of a few years ago were gone, she nailed one high part after another. How she can do this after 40 years boggles the mind. The Rockport venue is beautiful, new theater with great sound-- the band was having a good time and it showed.

See them if you can-- This is one ageing prog band who's doing it right.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just got home from the Tarrytown show. Amazingly good! Fun to hear the oldsters (oldersterers!) around me marveling at how great Annie's voice sounds. The guy next to me claimed to have seen them on their first tour, for Ashes Are Burning. LOL. But it was a great evening. Nice to see them get such a rousing reception in that little town in Westchester, NY.