Thread: Japanese Remasters

Japanese Remasters

Back 10 or so years ago I remember a slew of Japanese re-mastered CDs (mini-LP) being available and also being all the rage.
    I bought some of them myself, and I do have to say, a few are excellent.

Among others, I bought many of the King Crimson catalog and they are a noticeable improvement over the old recordings of theirs from the 70s (as they should be).
    My favorite is RED.

The very best CD I own is a Japanese re-master of the ROMANTIC WARRIOR by Return to Forever.
    OMG, what a gorgeous piece of work.

Anyone else here have a standout example of these ?

I did find a Jap pressing of Romantic Warrior once for about $15. It does have better sound than the one cd that I had. I would have to find it to see what label it was on.
    Last edited by Shadow; 10-01-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I bought all of the Yes ones available but didn't notice a huge sonic improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDrummer View Post
    Back 10 or so years ago I remember a slew of Japanese re-mastered CDs (mini-LP) being available and also being all the rage.
    I bought some of them myself, and I do have to say, a few are excellent.

Among others, I bought many of the King Crimson catalog and they are a noticeable improvement over the old recordings of theirs from the 70s (as they should be).
    My favorite is RED.
    None of the King Crimson Japanese mini lp CDs featured remastering done in Japan. They were simply taken from the concurrent US/UK versions and put into snazzier sleeves.