Thread: New SHRIEKBACK album "Without Real String or Fish"

New SHRIEKBACK album "Without Real String or Fish"

Shriekback have released a new album called "Without Real String or Fish" that I, as a long time admirer, believe to be one of their best since 1985's "Oil and Gold". One big factor is the participation of former lead singer Carl Marsh, whose biting, stream of conscious lyrics sound just as great as ever. Longtime drummer Martyn Barker also is featured as well as the only member to be on every Shriekback release, Barry Andrews.
    Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post

IM IN!! Thanks for the heads up.
    Still alive and well...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Big, big fan but haven't heard this latest because it's so damned expensive. Their price is kind of crazy, especially with postage from England.

I downloaded it for $8.99, though I'd rather have the CD.

A band I've been meaning to check out for a long time now.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Here's a great song from their last album "Life In the Loading Bay" called "Flowers of Angst" that came out a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_NPkOJ_mc

Here's a Barry Andrews vocalized song off of the new album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL2eZv0bGps

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    Here's a great song from their last album "Life In the Loading Bay" called "Flowers of Angst" that came out a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_NPkOJ_mc
    Excellent album - their best since the 80s, IMO. In the mid 80s I was so into them I made my own buttons to wear using artwork from their albums! My fave from Life in the Loading Bay is Semidelicious. I was really hoping the new CD would appear somewhere in the US, but it hasn't.

I have been a fan of shreikback for a long time, and for years i only had LPs and was never exposed to any of their videos or any other media displaying the band actually playing... A few pics of the members from album covers, thats it.

When i finally saw a few of the vids many years later, I hate to admit that it kind of ruined the mystique of the music for me. Something about Shreikbacks "look" and vids bothers me... Mostly the singer. So i still like the music, just dont like seeing them perform it.... Very strange.
    Still alive and well...

Shriekback has a new album of old demos coming out any day now - looking forward to this!