Thread: Ángel Ontalva (October Equus) "Tierra Quemada" new CD

Ángel Ontalva (October Equus) "Tierra Quemada" new CD

New album by Ángel Ontalva in octoberXart Records, "Tierra Quemada"

This is an extension of the album 'Mundo Flotante', which Angel Ontalva released a few years ago. The music is inspired by the different musical cultures he encountered during his travels or playing with musicians from different countries in the world.

Ángel is joined here by Amanda Pazos Cosse (bass and mixes, October Equus), Víctor Rodríguez (keyboards, October Equus), Vasco Trilla (drums and percussions, October Equus, Planeta Imaginario, Kaulakau, Filthy Habits Ensemble...), Pablo Ortega (cello, October Equus), Pablo Hernández (saxes, Sinouj), Marc Egea (hurdy-gurdy, duduk, Kaulakau) and Luiz Rocha (clarinets).

Jewel case 8 pages booklet CD with cover and artwork by Ángel Ontalva (http://angelrodriguezmorales.blogspot.com.es/)

Here you can listen to two tracks: https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/alb...rra-quemada-cd

pag 1.jpg

I have it and it is good

Stylistically it does not differ that much from 'Mundo Flotante' (which I also loved); canteburish, RIO-ish with many world music influences. The main difference is that the new album has a much stronger band and live-feel.
    Highly recommended!

Got it yesterday.I like it.Fine playing, generally interesting compositions, many with a near eastern /arabic tinge.I'd never heard Ontalva's music before this, either solo or group.

Recommended.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Angel Ontalva just released a live album "the Tierra Quemeda Ensemble Live at the Dom".
    It features tunes from Tierra Quemeda an one tune from Mundo Flotante. Its the only time these songs were performed live.

Its a wonderful recording with a great group of musicians. My only criticism is that it is too short. Well worth a couple of bucks imho.