Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Survivor Second Chance - Season 31

The 1st season will always be my favorite because of it's rawness, but this season is definitely the best for me since then. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Well deserved, Jeremy.

Looks like next season is another nerds, meatheads and ditzes party. I didn't like it last time so I'm not too thrilled, but I'll watch.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    The 1st season will always be my favorite because of it's rawness
    I keep saying that I'm going to rewatch that first season, I just never seem to find the time.

It would be fun if we all watched it together, a couple of episodes a week and then met here to discuss it. I did that with a LOST discussion group and it was a hoot. We all watched the original series together, then a year after it ended we all watched the first season over again and discussed it with a new perspective.

Where do you find the original episodes at, online? I've never thought to look.

Just got the chance to watch the finale tonight. I agree this is probably one of the best seasons ever. Really strong all the way through. I was happy with Jeremy winning. The 2nd chance fan vote thing seems to have really worked as all of these people were good game players.

Regarding the preview for next season. Not sure how I feel about the emphasis on people getting hurt. I realize it can happen, but should never be the focus of the game IMO. Either way, I will be watching.

Since this season was such a hit with everyone, they should consider doing a tournament of champions where they bring back only prior winners.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Season 1 was available on DVD for a bit on Amazon, but out of stock now. You can stream individual season 1 episodes on cbs website and I know it's on Hulu. Probably netflix as well.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Ok thanks. I checked on Netflix streaming & didn't find anything. They might offer it on disc. I'll check some of the other places.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I've never looked to be honest. It's just something that I keep thinking I'd like to do.

I saw some years back they used to have some of those seasons on DVD back when I'd frequent brick and mortar stores for DVD rentals, which we still have here. I just don't rent anything that way anymore since Netflix. If I could stream it online in the easy chair I probably would. But to sit in a computer chair for four five minutes, not so much.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just got the chance to watch the finale tonight. I agree this is probably one of the best seasons ever. Really strong all the way through. I was happy with Jeremy winning. The 2nd chance fan vote thing seems to have really worked as all of these people were good game players.

Regarding the preview for next season. Not sure how I feel about the emphasis on people getting hurt. I realize it can happen, but should never be the focus of the game IMO. Either way, I will be watching.
    Abi's inclusion invalidates your fifth sentence.

And I would say it depends how they get injured...like did they up the fighting challenges (which would seem silly given the premise) or is the environment just that harsh (or the contestants just that injury prone). That said...their fishing with the preview worked for me and I'm definitely looking forward to next season.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Also, Jeremy definitely deserved to win (though I thought Spencer also played the game well and deserved a win). Excellent season all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Since this season was such a hit with everyone, they should consider doing a tournament of champions where they bring back only prior winners.
    Are there enough that will recompete to make it a full season? I've thought this was a good idea for a bit now myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Are there enough that will recompete to make it a full season? I've thought this was a good idea for a bit now myself.
    Well there are 31 to choose from. For the tournament of champions maybe they can entice people back by upping the prize to $5M. Seeing that the top sitcoms/dramas pay their stars $1M an episode and Survivor gets just as good ratings, they certainly should be able to afford the larger prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Well there are 31 to choose from. For the tournament of champions maybe they can entice people back by upping the prize to $5M. Seeing that the top sitcoms/dramas pay their stars $1M an episode and Survivor gets just as good ratings, they certainly should be able to afford the larger prize.
    Right, but would everyone want to come back? Guys like Boston Rob I imagine would want to go out on a high note (especially having played multiple times already). Also, I imagine Hatch wouldn't be eligible with all the legal troubles that abounded (and one person did win twice, so it's technically a 30 person limit, not counting the season that's in the can but hasn't been shown yet).

But hey...I'm all for trying it. I think it would lead to a fun season.

Hey folks. The new season starts this week. A new thread has been started here. http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...665#post523665

I hope to see you all there! Cheers!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is this Music or The Arts?

Definitely the arts.