Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wetton VS Lake - Favourite vocalist ?

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    They're both so good. Can't go wrong either way...
    I agree, pitting these two against each other just doesn't seem possible to me. They both are the voice of KC's pre Belew era.
    Still alive and well...

Two of my least favorite singers in classic prog. I would rather hear Wetton though. Lake grates on me.

I far prefer Jon Anderson, Ian Anderson and Peter Gabriel.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    Two of my least favorite singers in classic prog. I would rather hear Wetton though. Lake grates on me.

I far prefer Jon Anderson, Ian Anderson and Peter Gabriel.
    If Lake and Wetton are two of your least favorites in classic prog, there must be several more who you prefer - can you give us a list, aside from Jon, Ian, and Gabriel? If Lake and Wetton are bottom of the barrel.

I like them both for different reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Lake's voice changed dramatically in a short period. You hear him on ELPowell and he's much the same as he was in the 70s. By Black Moon ('Affairs Of The Heart' was the one which particularly startled me), it's much deeper and that's in only 5/6 years. Whatever happened, happened in that period.

Wetton's has held up much better without question. My favourite singing of his was when he was in King Crimson. But he still sounds good on even the later Asia albums.
    The most dramatic difference is listening to "Money Talks" by Lake/Downes from 1989 vs "Paper Blood" by ELP from 1992.
    Laura