Thread: Ghost - Meliora

I'm a fan.
    Music
    The Red Masque: www.theredmasque.com
    Green Cathedral: www.green-cathedral.com
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    I'm convinced Ghost is a pure pop band in disguise.
    i agree actually, and I think they are laughing behind all that occult makeup. I don't really take it seriously at all, but the music is really fun.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I agree - it's all nonsense but the music is fun and whoever is writing this can craft a good hook.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I just heard this band, Majesty and Absolution off of Meloria. They use classic distortion which is beautiful analog and the vocals are great. Great recording and drums. Friend said their concert sound is a step above most bands.
    They have a live album coming out soon, and new studio album to be released later in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Masque View Post
    i agree actually, and I think they are laughing behind all that occult makeup. I don't really take it seriously at all, but the music is really fun.
    If you ever see them live it is obvious that they are taking the piss on the whole occult thing. Papa's in between song banter is often quite comedic, and it is all basically a joke, but they are great at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I agree - it's all nonsense but the music is fun and whoever is writing this can craft a good hook.
    Tobias Forge is Papa and writes all of the material: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobias_Forge

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    If you ever see them live it is obvious that they are taking the piss on the whole occult thing. Papa's in between song banter is often quite comedic, and it is all basically a joke, but they are great at what they do.
    I was assuming this. Wish I could have seen them live. They came through Philly a couple of times both on both occasions I had work commitments (still kicking myself I could not see them with Purson).
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Masque View Post
    I was assuming this. Wish I could have seen them live. They came through Philly a couple of times both on both occasions I had work commitments (still kicking myself I could not see them with Purson).
    I did not know they toured with Purson, but yea, that would have been a great double bill. I have seen them as an opener for Iron Maiden and as a headliner (with Carpenter Brut opening). Both shows were great. They are planning another pretty major tour for later in 2018.

Banned
    They have a live album coming out soon, and new studio album to be released later in 2018.
    The Live album came out last Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    The Live album came out last Tuesday.
    Ahh....cool, I did not know it was already released.

Ahh....cool, I did not know it was already released.
    As far as I'm seeing, only the mp3 download is available now from places like Amazon and iTunes. The physical product has a January 19th release date.

Doing some Ghost in a random mix...definitely a cheeeeze factor found therein but fuck it - I dig it! Good Halloween music. The beginning of Spirit sounds like Scooby-Doo - brings me back to being 7-years old again. It's fun music, nothing more or less. I think Tobias has hit an interesting balance here, and he is definitely talented in his vision and writing. These guys are making a living at this...must be fun as hell. There are a ton of hooks here that stick to you like gum on the bottom of your shoe.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Doing some Ghost in a random mix...definitely a cheeeeze factor found therein but fuck it - I dig it! Good Halloween music. The beginning of Spirit sounds like Scooby-Doo - brings me back to being 7-years old again. It's fun music, nothing more or less. I think Tobias has hit an interesting balance here, and he is definitely talented in his vision and writing. These guys are making a living at this...must be fun as hell. There are a ton of hooks here that stick to you like gum on the bottom of your shoe.
    Have you ever seen them live? Great musicians and Tobias is a great front man. They don't take themselves seriously at all and some of his in between song banter is funny as hell. I still really love this band. New album is coming early 2021.

I hope the new album is better than Prequelle. I think it had some really strong tracks, but stylistically, it was too all over the map for me.

Have you ever seen them live? Great musicians and Tobias is a great front man. They don't take themselves seriously at all and some of his in between song banter is funny as hell. I still really love this band. New album is coming early 2021.
    No, but I would if I could. I really dig all of their albums now - even Impera grew on me. The live Cermony and Devotion is pretty killer, super tight live band even back in 2016 or whenever.

PS - Frederik from Opeth played all of the guitars on Impera and his work on that album was fantastic indeed. https://guitar.com/features/intervie...-album-impera/