Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Prog Ears: Is Prog all the better due to PE?

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    What Yves said about cliques is right on the money. I would say that I usually stay in the background, just lurking and reading what other people post. Being pretty much the shy person most of my life this is the role I chose to take. What I found out though is that when I took the plunge and went out of my way to meet people it made for a much better experience here. Probably one of my best experiences was the first one when I went to see The Musical Box in Atlanta in 2002, shortly after joining here. Got the chance to meet Sean for the first time and discovered his band Mindworm when a fellow bandmate was passing out CDs at the show. I think that set the tone for my long tenure here. It's also funny when you discuss PE with fellow members in person. Met Vic for the first time at a Kansas concert, also in 2002 if I recall correctly, which may have been the first time I remember talking about this place. The festivals and shows may have been the foundation that formed these perceived cliques but it's important to remember that it's the people who sites like this possible. I hope to meet more people from here in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    You keep on Proggin' Blue Vino!
    I wonder what ever happened to that guy?
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    I wonder what ever happened to that guy?
    Probably runs a winery.

or a whinery
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    A long time ago, I realized that PE was full of jerks. That's when I realized I'd finally found a place to call home, for I too, am a jerk. Gods bless PE.

Banned