Thread: David Robin (ProgUK)...R.I.P.

David Robin (ProgUK)...R.I.P.

It is with great sadness and a very heavy heart to tell you all that David Robin (ProgUK) passed away last night from unexpected complications from recent surgery.

David was a true fan of progressive music and was a regular here on PE. He was also one of the co-organizers of the PROGWest festivals. He was the owner and founder of the very successful "David Robin Films".

David was a very close friend of mine and I am shocked to hear about his passing. My condolences go out to his wife and family. He will be sorely missed!!!

R.I.P. David

So sorry to hear about this. Our hearts go out to David and his family and friends...

Kim

Sorry to hear of this. I hadn't talked to him since ProgWest or one of the last Djam Karet gigs I might've seen him at, but he was a great guy and a bona fide prog torch bearer. R.I.P. and condolences to his family and all who knew him.

There was also a thread started here:

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...ka-David-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by progcd54 View Post
    David was a very close friend of mine and I am shocked to hear about his passing.
    I know how he cherished your friendship, Bob. Sorry for your loss.

I remember him well. Sad to hear this. All the best to his folks.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Copied and pasted from other thread:

Wow, I'm both saddened and shocked. Several years ago I advertised the sale here on PE of an extra ticket to see Steven Wilson, as a friend had to cancel. David replied and bought the ticket. During several PM's back and forth he told me about his unreleased Prog documentary and about his love of prog and Steely Dan. He send me a DVD of the doc, which I enjoyed immensely. Too bad he had so much troubles with it and finally had to have it shelved. At the SW show he was very pleasant, and we both enjoyed the show. I also saw him at the La Mirada show of Steve Hackett-Genesis Revisited. He seemed so pleased and proud to be British, and enveloped by so many great English prog artists. Today I have a sunken heart and hope that David is resting in prog-heaven. Condolences to all his friends and family.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Sorry
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"