Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Richard's says Sgt. Pepper was a 'Load of s**t'!

Keith Richard's says Sgt. Pepper was a 'Load of s**t'!

Richards says Fab Four's Sgt Pepper and Stones' Satanic Majesties were both "a load of shit"
    Keith Richards has slammed the Beatles’ landmark 1967 album Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band as a "mishmash of rubbish."

And he says the Rolling Stones' Their Satanic Majesties Request, released later the same year, is just as bad.

Rolling Stone named Sgt Pepper the Greatest Album Of All Time in 2003 and it's often considered to be a key moment in the development of prog rock, art rock and using production techniques as an art form.

But Richards tells Esquire: “The Beatles sounded great when they were the Beatles. But there's not a lot of roots in that music. I think they got carried away. Why not?

“If you're the Beatles in the 60s, you just get carried away – you forget what it is you wanted to do. You're starting to do Sgt Pepper.

“Some people think it's a genius album – but I think it's a mishmash of rubbish, kind of like Satanic Majesties. ‘Oh, if you can make a load of shit, so can we.’”

The guitarist has also compared the bands' experiences with performing live. He says: “A whole roomful of chicks yelling at you is not so shabby – because the year before, nobody would look at you. But they talk about us? The Beatles, those chicks wore those guys out.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of either band, so...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Richards says Fab Four's Sgt Pepper and Stones' Satanic Majesties were both "a load of shit"...
    Keith Richards isn't a fan of psych or art rock? Shocked... I'm shocked I tell you.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Isn't this story like, 2-3 months old?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Isn't this story like, 2-3 months old?

First time I heard it, but then again, I never understood what Keith said, so I had to wait for the translations to english

“The Beatles sounded great when they were the Beatles. But there's not a lot of roots in that music. I think they got carried away. Why not?
    Who gives a fuck, Keith?

Coming from a guy who really never evolved, he's trying to apply his narrow approach to others.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Suspended
    I like his use of the term "roots".

Think: where are a plant's roots normally to be found? Ans: Stuck in the mud.

Hey Keith, your career is a load of shit, apart from like, eight songs or something.

Keith is right about one of the albums he cites, but it ain't the one by the Fabs! He's just tryin' to make some news for his new album by saying crazy stuff!

Remember when everyone believed him when he said he snorted his father's ashes...I still think that's funny.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Keith Richards: the Donald Trump of rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Nah, even Keef has some level of humility.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Naw, he's more like the Joe Biden...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Suspended
    ^^^ Can't resist trying to turn it into a political forum, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    ^^^ Can't resist trying to turn it into a political forum, can you?
    Moi? Political? U shittin' me bro? I merely responded to Mr. Carlberg's riposte... Since you're the self-appointed PE gatekeeper/[Seinfeld ref]topic-Nazi[/Seinfeld ref], I challenge you to dig up all examples of me hijacking any PE thread to pursue a so-called political agenda....

On topic: don't forget Keef had that brain surgery or aneurysm or whatnot falling out of that coconut tree a few years back - Tourette's, yeahhhh, that's the ticket...
    Last edited by -=RTFR666=-; 09-05-2015 at 01:34 PM.

I love Sgt. Pepper. I think it's a stone cold classic Blah Blah Blah. It's not my favorite Beatles album. I get why Keith doesn't care for it. He's not into that style of music. It's an opinion. As for not evolving, I'd disagree, but that's my opinion. It appears Mr. Richards has opinions too. Just like all of us.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post

Moi? Political? U shittin' me bro? I merely responded to Mr. Carlberg's riposte... Since you're the self-appointed PE gatekeeper/[Seinfeld ref]topic-Nazi[/Seinfeld ref], I challenge you to dig up all examples of me hijacking any PE thread to pursue a so-called political agenda.... .
    Oh, calm down. My comment was directed at the several preceding posters, not just you. I admit I should have made that clear, for which I apologise.

Trump isn't political. He's a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Oh, calm down. My comment was directed at the several preceding posters, not just you. I admit I should have made that clear, for which I apologise.
    Oh, I'm perfectly calm. You, on the other hand, are always weighing in everywhere as if you've got your thong bunched...

Except that if Trump made a record, it would probably make Dirty Work sound like Sticky Fingers in comparison.

If Trump made a record, it would be the greatest selling record of all time.

He'd make sure of that!

I was thinking more like Dave Mustaine.

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post

Moi? Political? U shittin' me bro? I merely responded to Mr. Carlberg's riposte... Since you're the self-appointed PE gatekeeper/[Seinfeld ref]topic-Nazi[/Seinfeld ref], I challenge you to dig up all examples of me hijacking any PE thread to pursue a so-called political agenda....

On topic: don't forget Keef had that brain surgery or aneurysm or whatnot falling out of that coconut tree a few years back - Tourette's, yeahhhh, that's the ticket...
    can we at least accuse you of having a freaky avatar?

Who says Sgt. Pepper was a 'Load of s**t'! ??

never heard of him!!!!

is he trying to become some kind of Denis Leary of late??

Not working, dude!!!
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

If Trump made a record, it would be the greatest selling record of all time.

He'd make sure of that!
    He would get Mexico to pay for it