Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tony Banks, Prog God

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    He can even stand on his head and blow off his right sock. No shit.
    Really?! I didn't know that--and I thought I knew a lot about him.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Well there's a lot of quotable stuff in it. Personally, I think you should bite the bullet and see it anyway; it's the original and greatest rock "mockumentary." Much of the dialogue was improvised by a very funny and talented cast and there's a fair amount of unquotable things in it because they're sight gags. What makes it so funny is that much of what happens is likely based on things that have really happened to touring rock bands.
    I agree with you, regardless of what some folks might say. There's a reason this movie was quoted so much.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

He is definetely the Chuck Norris of prog !

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    He is definetely the Chuck Norris of prog !
    Does that mean Chuck Norris is the Tony Banks of martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Anyway, getting back on topic. I see that in the same awards ceremony Steven Wilson was crowned a "prog king", so clearly that makes him inferior to Tony Banks, since a king must defer to a god.
    And since a king derives his authority from the god, it would appear that Steven Wilson rules by leave of Tony Banks.

Or something like that.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Here's last night's award ceremony. Rick Wakeman made me seriously LOL, harder than I've laughed in a while. Over the years, I'd grown a little tired of his brand of humour, but I truly found him hilarious last night. Peter Gabriel was funny too, particularly when mentioning that while he was dressing up as "flowers and sexually transmitted diseases", Tony would change the pastel colour of his sweaters (or something to that effect). Even Tony himself was rather funny... saying when he was voted twelfth best keyboardist in the world, he replied "Who the fuck are the other eleven?!"

I just watched this, and was cracking up all the way through. What's this nonsense about Tony not having a sense of humour?