Thread: Arjen Lucassen guests on a new Soul Enema album

Arjen Lucassen guests on a new Soul Enema album

Soul Enema currently works on a new album named "Of Clans and Clones and Clowns", which includes 13 tracks of original and out of the box progressive metal/art rock. As part of it, a prominent Dutch composer and guitarist landed a solo part for one of the tracks, while being positively impressed by the work in progress presented to him. Here is the official announcement on part of Soul Enema:

"Today is one of those especially happy and unique days, since we finally have an opportunity to announce a legendary Arjen Anthony Lucassen as a guest on a new Soul Enema album! It's safe to say, that for a good couple of decades Arjen continues to be a never ending source of inspiration - a creative
    mastermind and a visionary of his own league, a tasty and emotive guitar player, a humble and friendly person. Growing up with all those soon-to-become-classic Ayreon albums in a cd player, it was something on a verge of impossible even to imagine, that on one of those future days you will happen to be in a honorable position, when a big man himself finds his magic ways on your own musical journey.
    There is just no vocabulary to contain a "thank you" of a really appropriate degree to express the feeling...
    So, this time Arjen is here for us to sky rocket a gorgeous solo guitar part on a tune named "Eternal Child", and his performance is truly one of those moments of otherworldly beauty, so precious each time when it manages to be transcended onto the tape.
    Looking forward to that moment, when we can share it with each of you!"

More news and updates at https://www.facebook.com/SoulEnemOfficial

arjen.jpg
    Last edited by Jibber and Twitch; 08-30-2015 at 02:14 PM.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    And here I was hoping Arjen would be guesting on the new Vaginal Cleansing Ritual LP.

Thanks for giving an essential ideas for a next album title, rickawakeman

Nice username, Jibber and Twitch. That's enough to pique my interest in your music!

Ah, it's cool that you noticed, Ian! Yep, Cardiacs are quite an influence. Literally and in a principle of "merging the unmergeable" of a sorts.
    This board gives them a deserved laudation, which is lovely in my eyes.

Poot!

And here comes a little video preview, enjoy:

Soul Enema.

Seriously?

Nah. As seriously as, say, a second Tool LP, Finch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86nima

It could probably make more sense AFTER listening to an upcoming album, though.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Soul Enema.

Seriously?
    All these years I those were ads for an actual enema!

We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, Soul and Enema, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron. They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water.