Thread: The Von Hertzen Brothers

The Von Hertzen Brothers

Quite like their track on the latest 'Prog Magazine' sampler. Reminds me of Feeder, another band I like!

Oppinions please!

I like the two discs I have from them and have been surprised they aren't more popular...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

I listened to that a couple of days ago. They caught my ear. Have to re-visit.

I have one of their albums and like it a lot. Not sure why I have not picked up more of their stuff. They played ROSfest a few years ago, although I was not there.

Yeah, I like the couple of CDs that I've got as well. Approach and Love Remains The Same -- both had some cracking tunes on them, but I think I slightly preferred the latter.

Haven't heard anything else since then.

I hear them described as “prog,” but I don’t know if I agree. They’re a modern rock band with an obvious love for 60s and 70s classic rock, including some prog, but also Led Zeppelin, some psych and folk-rock. I have heard Experience and Love Remains the Same. The latter is the recommended starter, it’s really good from start to finish. The former, not so much, although “Devil of a Girl” is an ace tune that I never get tired of.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Really heavy rock with amazing vocal harmonies. Maybe heavy metal beach boys? Song oriented metal-ish rock.
    Heard them first at ROSfest and was hooked. Love these guys.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Yeah, not really strictly "prog" I suppose. More like psychedelic pop-rock, with a lot of other influences mixed in.

...Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Really heavy rock with amazing vocal harmonies. Maybe heavy metal beach boys? Song oriented metal-ish rock.
    Heard them first at ROSfest and was hooked. Love these guys.
    In some ways they remind me of Moon Safari.

I really, really like Love Remains The Same. Their other records haven't hit me as hard.
    The Prog Corner

Sorry for the zombie thread, but there doesn't seem to be much on this board about these guys. I get that some might not categorize them as prog, but I feel they qualify. Anyway, I got their latest release "War is Over" for Christmas and it is KILLER! Possibly my favorite release of 2017. The songs move, the vocals are great, excellent melodies and chord changes. Big thumbs up here!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Sorry for the zombie thread, but there doesn't seem to be much on this board about these guys. I get that some might not categorize them as prog, but I feel they qualify. Anyway, I got their latest release "War is Over" for Christmas and it is KILLER! Possibly my favorite release of 2017. The songs move, the vocals are great, excellent melodies and chord changes. Big thumbs up here!
    I have heard nothing but good things about it. I need to pick it up.

I forgot they had a new(ish) album out! I really liked The Love Remains The Same, and their other CDs had cool stuff on them as well, so I do need to check this one out.

i have all their albums ,and there are some great songs here and there on them all ,but the new one war is over is their best yet ,great album imho .

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    The new album is slowly growing on me. Not ready to say it's my favourite yet. I take this as a good sign. Seen them twice recently and the new music is great live amongst a great show.