Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead

Bad heroin that the government flooded the streets with....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

[QUOTE=BobM;453051]
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

Probably for the same reason that during this turbulent time in the stock market we all aren't looking at the doom and gloom end of the world websites that say to buy rice and dried beans and get your guns ready because this is the end. There always will be a group of extreme survivalists that are digging bunkers, and most real people just ignore them and go on with their life. Basically, we don't want to believe that it could be real.
    Good points. I thought it was a funny bit when they were riding in the car listening to a talk show talking about the end of the world (or something like that) and it turned out to be a sports program talking about the loss of a quarterback on a football team.

I don't know. I'm really enjoying it even if there are LOTS of problems with the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Prog Corner

Very happy with this series so far! It's helping me understand the main series better.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Sorry I'm too lazy to read all the past comments, but I have watched each episode live! Here's my guess as to the comments, slow first episode, no action, little development, yada yada ... second episode redeems and we see a glimpse of things to come.

Here's my thoughts, I loved the first episode and didn't even expect to see a zombie at all. The big advantage the series has over Zombie movies and TWD is the ability to focus on the gradual realization of the population to what is happening, their varied responses, the different responses, the conflict mothers and fathers have with talking to their kids about the apocalypse, the slow demise of infrastructure and civilization. I am more excited to see all those aspects of a gradual apocalypse than I am zombie action.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I haven't seen this new series yet, but the idea seems appealing. I was talking with someone the other day who had seen it and was disappointed with the lack of gore. He felt they'd need to ramp up the gore quickly or the ratings would drop quickly and the show would be cancelled.

Sent Via PE's Mobile App
    <sig out of order>

I think that would be ridiculous if it were the case. I have no probs at all with gore, but it really isn't necessary all the time. In fact TWD throws gore in there sometimes just to outgore the last gore . I mean, the special effects part of it is amazing, but it really isn't always needed. With this new show, so far it's been the tension and sense of impending doom that has me hooked. I hope it continues this way.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Here's my thoughts, I loved the first episode and didn't even expect to see a zombie at all... I am more excited to see all those aspects of a gradual apocalypse than I am zombie action.
    As I said earlier, I enjoyed the 2nd episode of FTWD more than any episode of the original show.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    With this new show, so far it's been the tension and sense of impending doom that has me hooked. I hope it continues this way.
    Me too.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm not used to watching these shows in "real time" and was disappointed to see there was no new episode last night.

Leave it to AMC to do an intensive "Fear The Walking Dead" marathon for 6 hours... with only 2 episodes!

It's currently their 'bread and butter' show until the new season of the original show starts up again. I haven't watched an episode of 'Hell On Wheels' though it does look interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    With this new show, so far it's been the tension and sense of impending doom that has me hooked. I hope it continues this way.
    I agree. Personally, I love the suspense aspects of TWD, so I think I would like this new show. Not sure why people feel they can only be entertained by gore.
    <sig out of order>

I find the original series gory to the point of trivialization. The zombies are merely an afterthought compared to the horror the surviving humans inflict on each other.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    [QUOTE=BobM;453051]
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

Probably for the same reason that during this turbulent time in the stock market we all aren't looking at the doom and gloom end of the world websites that say to buy rice and dried beans and get your guns ready because this is the end. There always will be a group of extreme survivalists that are digging bunkers, and most real people just ignore them and go on with their life. Basically, we don't want to believe that it could be real.

Actually, it's because I hate beans of any sort. why don't the say buy pasta? Everything goes with pasta...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Cause pasta is a high GI carb. Who will treat your diabetes in a post-apocalyptic world?

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It's currently their 'bread and butter' show until the new season of the original show starts up again. I haven't watched an episode of 'Hell On Wheels' though it does look interesting....
    I just started watching the first season of "Hell On Wheels" and am really digging it.

Yeah I like Hell on Wheels too. VERY slow going though. Especially the last 2 seasons. Pretty cool perspective of that time period
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The new show - possibly already better than the old show.

Loved episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The new show - possibly already better than the old show.

Loved episode 3.
    Agreed, I am totally digging it.

I have to admit, episode 3 was totally awesome. Loved it.

My gripe would be how easily our protagonsists concluded that these "people" were now walking dead and had no qualms about blowing their heads off. I would have thought there would have been more running away until finally somebody was cornered and would have no choice BUT to blow their brains out. But... it's the gore people are tuning in to see so give the people what they want. I hope this Salvadorean becomes a major character. Seems to me he'd get along just fine with Rick and Darryl.

My gripe would be how easily our protagonsists concluded that these "people" were now walking dead and had no qualms about blowing their heads off. I would have thought there would have been more running away until finally somebody was cornered and would have no choice BUT to blow their brains out. But... it's the gore people are tuning in to see so give the people what they want. I hope this Salvadorean becomes a major character. Seems to me he'd get along just fine with Rick and Darryl.
    I didn't get that at all. If anything, I thought there was too much NOT being able to figure it out (if the next door neighbor is going to snarl at you through the fence like a monster all night and into the morning, I have no problem with drawing the conclusion that she's no longer a person; it took them quite a while). Also, don't forget, the kid and mom have already seen the dead re-animate.

You hope "the Salvadorean" becomes a major character? I would think so - it's Ruben Blades, the legendary figure of Latin American music. I don't think they brought him on to off him quickly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_Blades

My gripe would be how easily our protagonsists concluded that these "people" were now walking dead and had no qualms about blowing their heads off. I would have thought there would have been more running away until finally somebody was cornered and would have no choice BUT to blow their brains out. But... it's the gore people are tuning in to see so give the people what they want.
    I think there is plenty of "just running away". The only guy that got his head blown off so far was the dude that was eating the dog in their living room. Salvadorean rushed in and he's very trigger happy so he blew him away. The other zombies were being shot at by the military who obviously know what's going on.

The family was also calling the zombies "the infected", because they think they are just sick. Like the neighbor lady who they just let stay in her yard. They still don't know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The new show - already better than the old show
    Corrected for accuracy.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

A few gripes: they're playing a family game of Monopoly right after a murder occurred across the street and didn't bother to turn on the radio, TV or computer to find out what the hell's going on.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone