Thread: Anyone know about this Camel single?

Anyone know about this Camel single?

Just saw this posted on the Steve Hoffman forum and was curious. Apparently Another Night/Lunar Sea were released as a US single from the Moonmadness album: http://www.45cat.com/record/1098262

"Lunar Sea" is timed at 10:27, which would make it the longest song ever to appear on a 45 rpm single (assuming it really does play at 45, the label doesn't say otherwise). That's also a minute longer than the album version, so this may be a rare live track.

Anybody ever seen or heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Just saw this posted on the Steve Hoffman forum and was curious. Apparently Another Night/Lunar Sea were released as a US single from the Moonmadness album: http://www.45cat.com/record/1098262

"Lunar Sea" is timed at 10:27, which would make it the longest song ever to appear on a 45 rpm single (assuming it really does play at 45, the label doesn't say otherwise). That's also a minute longer than the album version, so this may be a rare live track.

Anybody ever seen or heard this?
    On my copy of the deluxe edition of Moonmadness it has the Lunar Sea b-side, recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon,14th April 1976, it runs for 9:51. It was Decca F-R13603.

The Enemy God
    I had the single years ago and seem to remember great version of Lunar Sea w

Haven’t seen it, but it’s mentioned on the remaster. It’s a different version of “Another Night” from the album version. And the B-side plays at 33 RPM.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

I have this on 45. It's got a Janus Records generic sleeve and a red stamp on the label that say's "FOR DEMONSTRATION ONLY NOT FOR SALE". The b-side plays at 45RPM. I think that I got it while working the radio station at San Francisco State. Saw Camel at the Old Waldorf.

I have it! Bought it new back in the day, it is in a gold Janus sleeve (no picture sleeve), the disc is numbered J-262. Another Night (3:21) on 4393-A side and Lunar Sea (10:27) on the 4393-B side. It is a very cool version. I am willing to sell it, message me...

Thanks Mythos, but before seeing your post I found a copy on Ebay and took the plunge. A mere three bucks plus shipping.

I have the original UK 45 from back in the day, it's in a box somewhere, but I guess this was a Decca release, I remember buying it because of the great value of an extra-long B-side, which was advertised in Melody Maker etc! I was into Camel having seen them on the Snow Goose tour, but as pennies were scare back then, extra minutes counted large in the investment decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I have the original UK 45 from back in the day, it's in a box somewhere, but I guess this was a Decca release, I remember buying it because of the great value of an extra-long B-side, which was advertised in Melody Maker etc! I was into Camel having seen them on the Snow Goose tour, but as pennies were scare back then, extra minutes counted large in the investment decisions
    It came up in a geeky thread on the Hoffman forum where people were trying to determine the longest-ever song on a 45 (playing at that speed). Winner seems to be a Springsteen B-side that runs 10:02.