Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Dregs Reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Interesting thought. As a kid starting to go see rock bands live I thought it would be cool to keep the ticket stubs. It's crazy how they help me remember the timeline of my life but unfortunately they can't tell me the first time I heard a band or when I bought that first album.
    If you have any Morse related ticket stub and can scan or photograph them, please share them on the Steve Morse Fan Page on Facebook :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    When you saw him with Kansas did he play any violin? The show I saw he grabbed the violin and screwed around a bit. I recall reading an interview with Steve around that time and he mentioned that O'Connor used to show him some things in exchange for Steve showing him some things on guitar which is ironic since Mark is an amazing guitarist and used to win all of the country music awards best guitar player award back in the day.
    He played violin on Dust In The Wind in Kansas live shows, there are a few photos of him with a violin in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    I think Steve Morse is still my favorite guitarist - and I regard him as an even greater composer than a guitarist. But since this is a ways off, I hope that his Deep Purple earnings and bandmates will allow, nay, insist that he takes 6 months off so his hand problems can truly heal. I don't have the details, and hesitated posting on this thread so as not to dampen the enthusiasm. I have spent much of my life trying to educate people to the unique greatness of the man and his musical gifts, to generate enthusiasm, not slow it. But I'm really worried about him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obVoUMYQMRc
    I happen to know what the problem with his hand is, and he has opened up about it a bit in more recent interviews. I'm worried too...

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Is it carpal tunnel, tendonitis. What exactly?
    Osteoarthritis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsefan View Post
    Hi everyone, for all things Morse and Dregs, please check out the Steve Morse Fan Page on Facebook, I am the main admin. If there is further news about a Dregs reunion, you will hear it there. Check it out at www.facebook.com/groups/stevemorse
    Is there news of any reunion?

Quote Originally Posted by killmymusic View Post
    Better than a Genesis w.G. reunion!!
    I can only speak for myself when I say

ABSOLUTELY!!!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

He played violin on Dust In The Wind in Kansas live shows, there are a few photos of him with a violin in existence.
    Ya know, that reminds me. Do any good recordings exist of live Kansas from that era? I've always been curious to hear what the old Kansas stuff sounded like with Steve on guitar. Since that was around the time he started using the first Music Man guitar (the one with the Roland guitar synth interface on it), I wonder if he emulated Livgren's keyboard parts with the guitar synth, instead of actually playing keyboards.

I wonder if I still have that picture I drew of Morse when I was a teenager. I remember sitting down one afternoon, and using a photo in Guitar World, I drew a drawing on notebook paper, I think. As I recall, it came out looking more like a caricature, than a conventional drawing, but I think it came out alright. Not sure where it would be though, if it still exists.

Dregs fan - definitely going to this one

On the There's Know Place Like Home DVD, Steve plays violin alongside David on Dust In The Wind.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I saw them in 2000 with the Steve Morse band opening up(must have been really difficult for them to get those guys to open their show. ). I even briefly talked to Dave Larue in between sets. They were good. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Hi everyone, for all things Morse and Dregs, please check out the Steve Morse Fan Page on Facebook, I am the main admin. If there is further news about a Dregs reunion, you will hear it there. Check it out at www.facebook.com/groups/stevemorse
    WHERE? I scrolled down the page and didn't see anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Is there news of any reunion?
    No, not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    WHERE? I scrolled down the page and didn't see anything...
    That's because there is no reunion news right now. But if any news comes up, it will be posted there. It's the best place to be for all things Morse.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Ya know, that reminds me. Do any good recordings exist of live Kansas from that era? I've always been curious to hear what the old Kansas stuff sounded like with Steve on guitar. Since that was around the time he started using the first Music Man guitar (the one with the Roland guitar synth interface on it), I wonder if he emulated Livgren's keyboard parts with the guitar synth, instead of actually playing keyboards.
    I have a KBFH live show with Morse.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    There is some stuff on YouTube, and there probably are bootlegs.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    The king biscuit show is an official release

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    The king biscuit show is an official release
    Yep. I was lucky enough to be at that one. Great show.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I went to see Kansas during the Morse era, but for whatever reason, Steve Morse couldn't be there that night. So they brought in a replacement guitarist, some guy named Kerry Livgren.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.