Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin Bass (Camel) New Album

Colin Bass (Camel) New Album

I'm very pleased to (finally) announce the arrival of the new album. I'll be shipping them out over the next days. Will take a little while, well, we are a cottage industry - literally so, we live in a cottage. And the post office is a way away. And all the staff are on holiday... smile emoticon
    If perchance you haven't ordered and you think you might like to, please allow me to indicate the whereabouts of my website. The shop is open 24 hours!
    www.colinbass.com
    oops, must update that home page...
    it's all go...

Ahh

I wish I was European.

Good news though!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I have and love both "Outcast of the Islands" (featuring Andy Latimer) and a live acoustic in Poland CD which is great. I'll look forward to this. Recently realized that Colin plays bass on some of the Hillage "Live Herald" disc!

Having clicked on "add to cart" there doesn't then appear to be any way of going into the basket and completing the transaction.

Well...? Has anyone actually heard this disc and can comment? I have it on order
    anyhow, but maybe a slight review?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I'm very pleased to (finally) announce the arrival of the new album. I'll be shipping them out over the next days. Will take a little while, well, we are a cottage industry - literally so, we live in a cottage. And the post office is a way away. And all the staff are on holiday... smile emoticon
    If perchance you haven't ordered and you think you might like to, please allow me to indicate the whereabouts of my website. The shop is open 24 hours!
    www.colinbass.com
    oops, must update that home page...
    it's all go...
    Wait, you aren't Colin, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Well...? Has anyone actually heard this disc and can comment? I have it on order
    anyhow, but maybe a slight review?
    Apart from Andy's guitar-playing I found the tracks I heard boring, but that was the same thing I felt listening to Outcast, so I guess I'm not the best judge over here.
    With Camel I can stand Colin's voice, but as a lead-vocalist on a whole album he hasn't got enough personality for me.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I haven't heard the new album, but I was just listening to Jalan Kopo on Tuesday, which is a brilliant little world-pop album, as is it's follow-up So La Li. There's no flies on Colin Bass, as far as I'm concerned.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

I think it's a nice and soft album. It fits perfectly with a glass of wine in the autumn.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Heh, I've been enjoying I Can See Your House From Here recently, so I'm kind of interested in this now.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Apart from Andy's guitar-playing I found the tracks I heard boring, but that was the same thing I felt listening to Outcast, so I guess I'm not the best judge over here.
    With Camel I can stand Colin's voice, but as a lead-vocalist on a whole album he hasn't got enough personality for me.
    I hope that wasn't Colin who posted then...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I hope that wasn't Colin who posted then...
    Why? It's just an opinion. I guess he has had more bad reviews in his career, so he's probably used to it (or stand above them).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Why? It's just an opinion.
    If it is him (and how can it not be really, when he calls www.colinbass.com "my website?") he's probably not used to the opinions being delivered in a thread he started about his new album.

Whatever, it's just kind of harsh, but you're right, it's only your opinion.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    the OP would not be Colin, but rather sharing an email or wherever announcement, no? So no worries

I ordered this on a whim since there hasn't been new material from Camel for a long time. Boy I was glad I did. This album floored me.
    Colin is a very confident song writer and it shows. The songs are lovely and pastoral and if you like Early Genesis, Anthony Phillips, Camel
    I think you will enjoy thisalbum very much. A great album to sit down to and relax.

This album is a real gem. Great songs, great vibes, great tone! I would think any fan of Camel would really enjoy this album. So glad I picked this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvalvano View Post
    This album is a real gem. Great songs, great vibes, great tone! I would think any fan of Camel would really enjoy this album. So glad I picked this up.
    Cool! I just ordered the special combo of the two discs. I have always liked Mr. Bass' work.

Glad to see this thread again. As I said, I highly recommend this album. I don't know if Colin does any song writing on the Camel albums but he should because he is in some ways a stronger song writer than Andy. And this coming from a big fan of Andy Latimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbytheriver View Post
    Glad to see this thread again. As I said, I highly recommend this album. I don't know if Colin does any song writing on the Camel albums but he should because he is in some ways a stronger song writer than Andy. And this coming from a big fan of Andy Latimer.
    Your feedback convinced me to order the discs.

I also ordered the 2fer several days ago because of this thread.

Just ordered this - direct from the artist! Was thinking about going with Bandcamp so I could stream it right away, but, Colin's price comes in a bit lower, and why not give him the full benefit?

It's a wonderful album.. Andy Latimer provides great playing on plenty of the tracks too. Just listen to Walking to Santiago and the title track.. All in all, a great album!

My copy arrived today - one week!

Signed, and with a nice note from Colin on a postcard. The first track is dedicated to Guy LeBlanc.

Really looking forward to listening to this.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    My copy arrived today - one week!

Signed, and with a nice note from Colin on a postcard. The first track is dedicated to Guy LeBlanc.

Really looking forward to listening to this.
    Ditto, 'cept I got the bundle.

Yup. I got my discs very quickly...hand addressed envelope, signed discs, and a lovely, personalized postcard from Colin. I look forward to listening.

Mr. Bass: if you are reading this, your approach is excellent. This is the way to sell CDs and build up a dedicated fan base. Well done, Sir!