Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombies Odessey & Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Toka View Post
    I saw them at the Keswick on Sunday night...absolutely phenomenal! I was frankly stunned at how great they sounded...pitch-perfect mix, and Colin probably has the most ageless voice I've ever encountered. Argent was a beast. Dueling Mellotrons! WWI-era pump organ! I actually really liked most of the new album material too. Absolutely see this tour if you can.

SO GOOD

I went to the Keswick show and really appreciated what they put together. as Argent said, it really required some logistics and we've got to thank them for doing this American tour

Blunstone is one of my top singers and he really still has it

but how cool was it to see 'Butcher's Tale (Western Front 1914)' performed live!??

total protoprog LP, from the solo organ, mellotrons and vocals to the stacked vocals and thematic (if not conceptual) presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Toka View Post
    I saw them at the Keswick on Sunday night...absolutely phenomenal! I was frankly stunned at how great they sounded...pitch-perfect mix, and Colin probably has the most ageless voice I've ever encountered. Argent was a beast. Dueling Mellotrons! WWI-era pump organ! I actually really liked most of the new album material too. Absolutely see this tour if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    SO GOOD

I went to the Keswick show and really appreciated what they put together. as Argent said, it really required some logistics and we've got to thank them for doing this American tour

Blunstone is one of my top singers and he really still has it

but how cool was it to see 'Butcher's Tale (Western Front 1914)' performed live!??

total protoprog LP, from the solo organ, mellotrons and vocals to the stacked vocals and thematic (if not conceptual) presentation.
    Excellent!

I'm going next Wednesday. Really looking forward to the show!

I'll be at the So. Milwaukee show this Saturday.

One of the few bands of my era that I never did see back then, so .
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

See you there Steve. Is there a meet up before?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    See you there Steve. Is there a meet up before?
    Charles - I'm driving down to Mike & Vicky's Sat afternoon, and I know that Rich (progholio here) & his wife are driving up from St. Louis.

I would get a hold of Mike & Vicky. They're the Milwaukee social directors. If there's a "meet-up" planned, they would know.

See you there!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Good to see how well received they have been. One of my all-time favourite albums. Hope everyone else who is going enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Odessey & Oracle fits the bill, in my experience.
    Yes. It is a psychedelic pop record, maybe not on strict stylistic terms but as a general state of mind.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Charles - I'm driving down to Mike & Vicky's Sat afternoon, and I know that Rich (progholio here) & his wife are driving up from St. Louis.

I would get a hold of Mike & Vicky. They're the Milwaukee social directors. If there's a "meet-up" planned, they would know.

See you there!
    Yes, we are greatly anticipating saturday night. We're heading up friday night and taking a tour of the Johnson Wax building saturday, maybe i'll see if they have a couple empty cans of floor wax to sniff before the show Can't wait to see all of you's.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Probably. But, that's because the term "psychedelic" doesn't name a style of music, certainly not one that can contain, say, both the 13th Floor Elevators and the ISB. Psychedelia was a zeitgeist, a spirit, a vibe, a generational expression. A bewildering array of stylistically diverse bands embraced the psych aesthetic of personal freedom, musical eclecticism, and heightened/altered consciousness as a way of being. Odessey & Oracle fits the bill, in my experience.
    Give this man a cigar! The best description of the eclectic psych genre in just a few short lines. Well done!

Still decompressing from the trip back from Milwaukee -
    New material - excellent!
    Old hits - Whole lotta fun!
    Odessey And Oracle - Fabuloso!!! Absolutely Riveting!! The whole damn thing was fantastic but hearing Rose For Emily and Butchers Tale was just unreal.

Looking very forward to giving the new record a spin.

Imagine my surprise last night when I heard on the radio during my break at work that The Zombies are playing here in Redding,Ca this Monday eve. As soon as I got home I scored 2 tickets in the upstairs loge section dead center. $106. I couldn't believe it at first.

The Zombies were amazing last night. They even played Hold Your Head Up and with Jim Rodford on bass I thought I was at an Argent concert. Great show and if they come near you go you won't be disappointed.

very Nice guys too !! and they still sound amazing. new album is I think excellent and is on our parent label Cherry Red.

Did anyone see them on tonights Jools Holland show? If not it's repeated on Friday!