Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here use a digital TV antenna?

I rely far too much on cable channels to even consider this. I rarely, if ever, watch the major networks.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by jglfan View Post
    I dropped cable recently and bought one of those flat antennas Jed mentioned. I was disappointed with the results but that is because I live in ocean Isle beach, 35 miles from Wilmington, nearest source of signals. I bought a rooftop antenna and reception is much better. Still have interference during heavy rain, but hell, I had that with the dish as well.

Go to this website https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

Align the antenna in a direction to get the most stations. I used the compass app on my iphone. Direction is very important for the best reception!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Government shutdown, perhaps?
    USPS has been delivering stuff for Amazon for some time and I don't think it has been a happy partnership. So much so that, at least in my area, Amazon has turned over deliveries of their Amazon Fresh to individual drivers using a kinda of Uber-like system - this is also not working out well - I really think Amazon expanded into these areas without doing the groundwork.

As far as the theme of this thread - I have never had cable tv - always saw it as too much money for too little content. I had a rooftop antenna set up with two antennae split to receive stations from different directions - these connected to a smart tv and I would routinely get 70-80 channels/sub-channels including all the networks and public tv from New York, Long Island and, weather permitting, Connecticut and New Jersey. During a particularly bad storm the antennae were blown off the roof - after trying unsuccessfully to find someone to re-install them ( bit of a dying trade antenna installers) I attached an antenna splitter to 2 antennae pointing out the front and the back of the house. This reduced the stations I got to around 45 and I lost two or three networks.
    I read on a message board somewhere that if you wrap aluminum foil round your antenna it would increase the number of stations and the strength of the signal. So I tried it and it seemed to work as I now get around 60 stations and signal strength is notably stronger (if still subject to interference when planes from JFK airport take off over my house). But I agree that the height of the antenna is paramount, Reynold's Wrap notwithstanding.