Thread: New Karda Estra - The Seas And The Stars

New Karda Estra - The Seas And The Stars

Hello,

I have a new diversion, so please forgive the blurb ... a new six track EP.

'The Seas And The Stars’ chronicles the collision between the Andromeda galaxy and our own Milky Way, the eventual end of everything, a celestial intervention and a return to where everything began – viewed from an impossible, empty shoreline. All in 20 minutes.

It's now on bandcamp:
    https://kardaestra.bandcamp.com/albu...-and-the-stars

Best wishes,
    Richard

chalkpie
    Richard - I just listened to the Andromeda track and absolutely loved it. Quite beautiful and eerie at the same time. The vocals are also just wonderfully done. I'll check out the rest later on tonight when its dark and with headphones.

Whoa, you don't mess around! Sure loved the last disc, so I will look forward to this!

Thanks, Frank & Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    when its dark and with headphones.
    One of the best ways, maybe the best..!

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Whoa, you don't mess around!
    This is what I hope will be the first of several new more frequent and diverse recorded and live KE projects. Got quite a few plates spinning at the moment and lots of avenues I want to explore.

Richard

I finally found the time and space to listen to this properly.
    Better late to the debate than never, eh.

Wonderful stuff
    Andromeda Approaches is a very special song, I think, and may become the go to piece whenever somebody asks me "What does Karda Estra sound like, then?"
    The whole Ep is excellent though, with textures and chords that sound both freshly original and yet deeply familiar at the same time. An incredible feat for any composer in my book.
    Top marks, KE team
    Phil.

Lovely stuff indeed Richard, here's a review from The Progressive aspect:-

http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog...-the-stars-ep/

Thanks, everyone.

Full digital etc release this Monday:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/th...p/id1030514568

Plus two copies of the ltd edition still available at Bandcamp.

Richard

This is possibly my favourite of the lot so far - which is saying something because the others are all superb as well.

Thanks for doing what you do Richard. Nobody else sounds like you guys!

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks, Kim - lovely of you to say. I'm pleased with how 'Seas & Stars' came out - I hope it will always remind me of the summer months in which it was recorded. I really like the EP format, it's a nice way of working - keeps things moving and exciting. Albums are starting to feel like tombstone markers on my timeline. But that just may be me :P