Thread: VDGG re-broadcast dates on WHYY (Philadelphia, ch. 12)

VDGG re-broadcast dates on WHYY (Philadelphia, ch. 12)

They haven't posted the full January schedule, yet, but here are two upcoming re-broadcasts of VDGG's appearance on On Canvas.
    These are for WHYY, Wilmington/Philadelphia, Channel 12.

THU 1/03 @ 10PM
    SUN 1/06 @ 12:30AM (late Saturday night)

Why this info is placed here? Because so many uninteresing themes all around?

On-line video of the program is available anytime at:
    http://whyy.org/cms/oncanvas/2012/11...aaf-generator/

Great program. I love how, at the end, PH talks of how they still bait each other after years of friendship. It's funny, but individually they're normal (albeit very cool) sixty-something year olds. Sometimes when they're together they slip into how they must have behaved with each other when they were kids in their 20's/30's. I remember hanging out after the Paradiso, Amsterdam show in '07 (the one that got filmed and released on dvd) and talking about Meurglys with them. Meurglys has a section where the band get into this laidback instrumental groove (after the line "there's my guitar; I suppose he'll have to do") which they play for minutes, which then leads into a frenetic weird-time-signature section. They way they get from one section to the other is that PH plays two atonal notes on his guitar, which signals HB to play the two notes with him the next time around. This cue is built up and helps transition to the next, more frenetic, section. They totally botched it at the Paradiso (and on the dvd, you can see HB looking confused). After the concert, with HB standing next to him, PH asked me about that section and how it should go (for whatever reason, I've been the nerd they call on over the last several years with trivia questions relating to their back-catalog, i.e. "How did we end Meurglys when we played it live in '76?" or "What song could we have been playing on the cover of Maida Vale, with me [HB] on bass guitar, and PH on guitar?"). I explained that in that section of M3, PH plays the two notes first time around, HB joins in the second, third, and fourth, and this gets them to the next section. At which point, PH excitedly (seriously, like a kid on the playground) slaps HB on the shoulder and exclaims, "See?! I told you!" as HB looks on disappointed and confused (but very funny). Lotsa shit like that hanging with them; they really are very cool, fun guys.

Thanks for sharing the link, I was unaware of it.

"We've had such a positive fan reaction to the VdGG On Canvas episode. We are rebroadcasting it this week, specifically Thursday at 10pm and Sunday at 4:30pm"

Eastern Time Standard