Thread: Completeing The Circle

Completeing The Circle

So, that death thing. It's a gonna happen, someday.

Bah, whatever, but if I manage to make it through 'til next month and see Kansas, that's sort of a circle I'm not unhappy with completing. My first show was Kansas and if I suddenly poofed out of existence after seeing the show next month, well, it's been a damn good run.

Sure, I never got to make any actual music, never got to write those killer lyrics I always wanted to but as a fan it's been a helluva ride.

Ok, so it was Kansas in 1982, not the original guys, but not a bad foray into the world of rock and roll. Next month will also be without SW(and others) but what the hell? They, and I, are still around these days and well, that ain't too bad.

"Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever" - even though that ass made the Rush show a miserable experience I still have a lot of good ones. Been telling younger guys stories - one guy was amazed I got to see Metallica right before Cliff died - and just ran into a very old friend I hadn't seen in over twenty years today(who happens to be the friend who introduced me to a ex many moons ago who now is in bad shape) and, well, feeling a bit melancholy, or whatever.

Not that I'm thinking of going, or anything like that. No, I plan on sticking around for the R50 show when they play all acoustic with Neil on bongos and African drums. They'll be playing Xanadu with doubleneck mandolins. No, I ain't going away easily and hopefully not anytime soon, that's not the point.

Although, what the point is, yeah, well. I really don't know. I just felt like saying that.

Bloody hell, I can't edit the title. Oh well, I never was great at typing and it shows.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Note to self: never post drunk.

Nope. Not drunk at all. If I were I would make absolutely no sense, whereas I almost make sense here.

I simply think too much. Maybe I just need a freaking hobby, something to distract me.

Note to self: start drinking...

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    So, that death thing. It's a gonna happen, someday.

Bah, whatever, but if I manage to make it through 'til next month and see Kansas, that's sort of a circle I'm not unhappy with completing. My first show was Kansas and if I suddenly poofed out of existence after seeing the show next month, well, it's been a damn good run.

Sure, I never got to make any actual music, never got to write those killer lyrics I always wanted to but as a fan it's been a helluva ride.

Ok, so it was Kansas in 1982, not the original guys, but not a bad foray into the world of rock and roll. Next month will also be without SW(and others) but what the hell? They, and I, are still around these days and well, that ain't too bad.

"Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever" - even though that ass made the Rush show a miserable experience I still have a lot of good ones. Been telling younger guys stories - one guy was amazed I got to see Metallica right before Cliff died - and just ran into a very old friend I hadn't seen in over twenty years today(who happens to be the friend who introduced me to a ex many moons ago who now is in bad shape) and, well, feeling a bit melancholy, or whatever.

Not that I'm thinking of going, or anything like that. No, I plan on sticking around for the R50 show when they play all acoustic with Neil on bongos and African drums. They'll be playing Xanadu with doubleneck mandolins. No, I ain't going away easily and hopefully not anytime soon, that's not the point.

Although, what the point is, yeah, well. I really don't know. I just felt like saying that.

Bloody hell, I can't edit the title. Oh well, I never was great at typing and it shows.
    Ever listen to Child's Garden of Grass? The part about how grass makes everything sound philosophical? This.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Death? Your body is made of atoms that will be reused in some shape or fashion, and these atoms have been here since the big bang.

Happy 14 Billion Year Birthday, everybody

Maybe you'll come back from the future and stop yourself.

Gods, that typo bugs me.

It's more this: I never expected to live this long, why I have no clue. Just always thought I'd die somewhat young.

It may not have been the ride I thought it was going to be, but, all in all, it's been pretty good. Ive got to travel a bit, see some crazy stuff, and some even crazier concerts in more than a few cities. I was a huge fuckup there for more than a few years, finally got most of my shit together and now, well, here I am asking you guys about why Genesis and The Doors organ sounds suck(really, why are they so awful to my ears?).....

Don't answer that.

My fifteen minutes consists of being a blip on the cover of Neil Peart's Roadshow book, and I'm happy with that.

I lived, and much of the memories I have are centered around music. Seeing Kansas, 33 years after the first time, well, that's a circle that wasn't all that bad. Even with the bad years thrown in, well, I survived them. Makes these years a little more special, I guess.

I'm still not drunk. Really.

I'll answer anyway. The Doors organ sound sucks because it's a Farfisa (Google it ). The Genesis organ sound sucks either because A) it's a synth (post '78), B) Tony didn't bother with a Leslie cabinet and ran it through a Phase-90 stomp box ('76 and '77 or so) or C) it doesn't suck and you're clearly on crack (pre-76).

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    you're clearly on crack
    Alternative to the drunk theory