Thread: Dick Dale Is Literally Touring to Stay Alive

Dick Dale Is Literally Touring to Stay Alive

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/...ay-alive/53412

I just read this article earlier today and it made me really sad, I knew Dick had been battling some health issues but never really knew the extent of it. Bless his heart he is still a force to be reckoned with. I saw him a couple years ago and it was very clear to me this guy is the godfather of punk, metal and shred guitar. Unbelievable the tour schedule he is keeping, go see him if you get the chance, he can still rock a reverb tank like no other.

The man is a living legend. Let's hope MusiCares can throw some money his way.

I just took a gander and he's going to be playing the 2016 Rockabilly Fest here. If he makes it that long I might check this out. It's a bit expensive as it's a whole thing going on, car show and what not. Maybe if I can get a ticket that day but it seems they are $50 and up, a bit steep, but if I have the cash and the time, I'll do it.

He deserves that much as I know how influential he's been and it would be a different show than most I go see. I'll stick out as everyone there is dressed like Rockabilly Bob/Betty.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Read this article on Ultimate-Guitar.com and it was sad to read...but inspirational as well...the guy is a force of nature
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Just checked out his tour agenda.....nowhere even CLOSE to Atlanta.

One stop did catch my attention: Asbury Park NJ. (My home town)....playing at: The Wonder Bar?????....that teenie-tiny Biker bar????...you couldn't fit 50 people in that place without the Fire Marshall having a fit....can't believe he is playing at that dump.....sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post

One stop did catch my attention: Asbury Park NJ. (My home town)....playing at: The Wonder Bar?????....that teenie-tiny Biker bar????...you couldn't fit 50 people in that place without the Fire Marshall having a fit....can't believe he is playing at that dump.....sad.
    He's been playing 'dumps' like this consistently since I first saw him around 1994 and a few times since then on the east and west coasts...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Check out his 90's albums for some serious over-the-top guitar meltdown versions of old surf classics.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post

From what I saw they are charging a pretty penny to get in here for the whole shebang so hopefully he'll get a nice paycheck from at least this gig.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm amazed. I was a huge Dick Dale fan when I was a kid - and I'm going to be 71 in a few weeks.
    I had no idea the man was still alive, much less still touring.
    Having had my own battles with the Big C, I am greatly impressed with the courage Dale has. It takes more than the average man has to fight through the pain as he is doing every night.
    With a little luck, I'll have the opportunity to see him when he's on the left coast.
    Hard to imagine any of the kids making music today pulling off what Dale is doing.
    Color me impressed.

$30 at The North Star Bar next Tuesday.

I'm there!