Thread: Supertramp cancels tour, Rick Davies illl

Supertramp cancels tour, Rick Davies illl

Not like the prog world needs anymore bad news, but here alas is some. Obviously wishing Rick the best:

http://supertramp.com/news/detail/su...european_tour/

(AUGUST 4, 2015) -- Supertramp regretfully announces that all dates for its “Supertramp Forever” European tour have been cancelled due to health issues affecting the band’s founder, Rick Davies. Davies was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma and has begun aggressive treatment to combat the disease....

Rick Davies issued the following statement earlier today, “I was really looking forward to returning to Europe and playing with the band again and I’m sorry to disappoint everyone who has overwhelmingly supported the upcoming tour. Unfortunately my current health issues have derailed me and right now I need to focus all of my energy on getting well.”

Looks like this was the second thread in two minutes, you're welcome to delete it..

Ugh, bummer, best wishes...

Posted this on the other thread, too - Sad news. I wish Rick Davies a full recovery. His health needs to be a priority. I will be seeing Roger Hodgson, the band's co-founder, later this summer in Europe and again in Canada in November. It is Roger who gave us Give a Little Bit, Breakfast in America, The Logical Song, Take the Long Way Home, Dreamer, and so many more. Many people are not aware that although Roger and Rick shared writing credit, they actually wrote separately and each sang their own songs. Check out Roger's tour dates here - http://www.RogerHodgson.com

Jon Neudorf
    Wishing Rick all the best and for a speedy recovery.

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Posted this on the other thread, too
    It was tacky there as well.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of Rick and am so pleased he held these great musicians together. I really hope he recovers.