Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Luck Billy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    "The ol' Billy Baroo."
    There it is... the quote I was going to drop. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Best post so far in this thread. Most of the rest of the comments here are embarrassingly juvenile. You think you are entertaining each other,but really you are just proving you're not capable of intelligent conversation. I didn't name any names but you know who you are. Billy Sherwood is going to surprise a lot of doubters this tour.
    Are you offended?

C'mon guys ... a few hours till the gig. Give Billy some support.

I think a lot of his personal family and friends are on this site....and other sites promoting him..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Are you offended?
    I don't know if you recall, but he was soulyrenergy on the old PE. 'Nuff said.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Oh... ahhh... I remember

Well, the show's over... was Billy a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    All the reviews I read on facebook said he did an outstanding job. There is a 45 sec. clip someone took in that very narrow video field method,but I can't bring it over because it has no copy/paste to click. It was Steve doing Wurm and Billy playing the bass pedals for about half a second then poof! Over.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at here,but yes it is true I had that nic on the old PE. I came up with that quite by accident in 1977 when I was having an immense spurt of ideas writing prog songs with weird lyrics and time signatures. One of the songs became Soulyrenergy. I just liked the pun aspect of it and that I could use 3 separate words to boot. When new PE came to the fore I went with my name. I hardly ever want to post anything other than helpful information here really you guys. Once in a while I get steamed about the amount of sarcasm and negativity but that is something I am working on myself. I like being positive and like others to be positive but,also, realize that not everyone else is going to act the way I want and I just need to learn to let shit go. I've been a member here for 12 years and it is a great and fun site for the most part. I would enjoy meeting any of you at a show if that were to happen.
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 08-12-2015 at 10:12 AM.

I enjoy your passion and positivity Rand, you've always carried that with you through the many years of PE. Yes clearly means a great deal to you (as it does many of us), and you see the best in most everything they do.

I, like many others here can be a little more critical of latter day Yes, but they will always be my cornerstone band, and have given so much in listening pleasure through the years.

Billy's a great and talented individual. Nice if he could talk the boys into getting Tony back on stage for a song at the Greek.

Can't wait for my show!

Not sure what you're getting at here,but yes it is true I had that nic on the old PE. I came up with that quite by accident in 1977 when I was having an immense spurt of ideas writing prog songs with weird lyrics and time signatures. One of the songs became Soulyrenergy. I just liked the pun aspect of it and that I could use 3 separate words to boot. When new PE came to the fore I went with my name. I hardly ever want to post anything other than helpful information here really you guys. Once in a while I get steamed about the amount of sarcasm and negativity but that is something I am working on myself. I like being positive and like others to be positive but,also, realize that not everyone else is going to act the way I want and I just need to learn to let shit go. I've been a member here for 12 years and it is a great and fun site for the most part. I would enjoy meeting any of you at a show if that were to happen.
    I constantly work on having my own reaction to things - be my own issue. I was enjoying the sort of randomness of the thread with the quotes... but I really try hard to be funny rather than mean if possible - it keeps me sane. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitiveGazer View Post
    C'mon guys ... a few hours till the gig. Give Billy some support.
    I started this thread because of the negative comments here on PE.

I live in Wales, England. I am not related to and do not know Billy. One of my musical heros has passed and I am very sad. Chris asked Billy to carry on with Yes ... imagine you trying to do so, under the circumstances? Just trying to give him some support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I enjoy your passion and positivity Rand, you've always carried that with you through the many years of PE. Yes clearly means a great deal to you (as it does many of us), and you see the best in most everything they do.

I, like many others here can be a little more critical of latter day Yes, but they will always be my cornerstone band, and have given so much in listening pleasure through the years.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I constantly work on having my own reaction to things - be my own issue. I was enjoying the sort of randomness of the thread with the quotes... but I really try hard to be funny rather than mean if possible - it keeps me sane. Cheers.
    Thank you and I appreciate your explanation.

There are 3 Billy Sherwood threads running at the same time. Mine is the veteran thread of the 3. Do we really need more than the one I started?

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Not sure if I'd call him a hero, but I thought he did an admirable job under difficult circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post

Well said.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

There are 3 Billy Sherwood threads running at the same time. Mine is the veteran thread of the 3. Do we really need more than the one I started?
    Why not? The threads will expire naturally when interest wanes. It's all good, right?
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Why not? The threads will expire naturally when interest wanes. It's all good, right?
    I think we're limited to one Yes-related thread at a time.

Aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitiveGazer View Post
    I live in Wales, England.
    Make up your mind, sunshine.

(Apologies if you have two houses.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I think we're limited to one Yes-related thread at a time.

Aren't we?
    I've never started a thread, but I think I need to since The Panthers have been sorely underrepresented here.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    From an old fan that left camp after Jon and Rick left, I still wish Mr. Sherwood the best. He certainly has some big shoes to fill, and I give him tremendous respect and credit for having the balls to do it!
    +1
    From an old fan that is not planning to catch this tour...........because it's just not YES anymore.
    After my 14th concert to see YES between 1973 and 2004, I think I'll just hold on to the great memories I have.
    Having said all that, I wish the best for Mr. Sherwood.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDrummer View Post
    +1
    because it's just not YES anymore.
    I'm pretty sure it is. Perhaps, in your opinion, the current band doesn't offer what you want from Yes. But it is Yes. Says so right on the label.