Thread: Gary Sinise & The Lt. Dan Band Vids From Oshkosh, WI Show 7/24/15

Gary Sinise & The Lt. Dan Band Vids From Oshkosh, WI Show 7/24/15

I was torn about whether I should bother posting this; we're just a pop/rock covers band after all, albeit a somewhat higher profile one. I obviously decided, "what the hell, why not?!" or else you wouldn't be reading this.

Somebody posted these over the weekend. There are hundreds of LDB videos on YT, but neither of these tunes have been posted before as far as I know. They're a couple of the only tunes where I get to play guitar solos that are improvised and longer than 8 bars, so naturally, they're some of my favorites in our repertoire. In both cases, there's shorter solos in the middle where I sort of have to play the solo from the original verbatim and longer solos at the end where I get to do my own thing. Maybe it's just a coincidence that these are the only two songs this guy posted out of our 24-27 song show, but I'd like to believe it's not.

Tears For Fears' "Everybody Want to Rule the World:"

Toto's "Rosanna:"

Nice Ernie!

Long live the gain knob!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Long live the gain knob!
    Well... yeah. But just so you don't think I'm a total "gainiac," I play a jazz gig once a month where I just bring my Epiphone Sheraton (an ES-335-type guitar) and a cable and go straight into the board. Not even a reverb pedal, the venue has just enough of it's own ambient qualities. Keeps me honest!

You went ahead and posted 'em, eh?

Hopefully I'll have time to listen tonight, Ernie. I haven't forgotten!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You went ahead and posted 'em, eh?

Hopefully I'll have time to listen tonight, Ernie. I haven't forgotten!
    I don't know what you're talking about.

(I sent Scott the Rosanna video in a PM a couple of days ago, knowing he was a Toto fan. I expressed my reluctance to post this stuff at PE to Scott, but since then, I figured, "why not?!" I don't have a reputation to tarnish anyway... I don't think. The other vid showed up on YT the next day. )

GREAT stuff, Ernie! Despite the photographer working hard to keep you off-camera, you did an awesome job. Love the end-vamp solo during "Rosanna."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Thanks, Scott... again!

Wow! That is one Hot band!

Kay & I heard them live a while back and they do kick ass for a cover band. Sinise has enough money (what a shock!) to hire a band made up of killer musicians, including Ernie the D.

From what I have been told by an unnamed member of the band , Gary S is a competent bass player. (Not a bad actor and director either)
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman