Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorpsycho

Here's a viddy of Motorpyscho on Rockpalast:

https://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/...ival--100.html
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I get there's no CD, but is there going to be a digital download at least?
    I see Roadwork CDs on their website here now. 10 euro. +4 euro to ship to US.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    I see Roadwork CDs on their website here now. 10 euro. +4 euro to ship to US.
    Just about punched the screen.

But it's only vol. 1 and 4 that are still available in stand alone CD format. Vol. 2 is listed as a CD, but it done got that "sold out" sign next to it. So these are the old CDs from the original run.

Vol. 3 and 5 (the new ones in the series) are still vinyl only.

New album early next year! Looks like Deathprod is involved in it, which'll be interesting given their recent heavy psych sound. They're also opening a video clip archive on their website, which is neat. http://motorpsycho.no/2018/09/new-mu...hive-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Vol. 3 and 5 (the new ones in the series) are still vinyl only.
    I don't know about Vol. 3, but I bought Vol. 5 as a download.

"Too gnarly for prog nerds."

Ha! Definitely looking forward to this one!

More details on the new album coming out Friday:
    http://motorpsycho.no/2019/02/though...bY5pC87RjR_RqU

I went on a Motorpsycho YouTube binge last night for like 2 hours ...This is a real fuckin' good band. I really need to dig deeper as I started with 'Heavy Metal Fruit'. I'll definitely be getting the new one.

What is a solid early release one would recommend?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Just one?

From the early years, I’d go with the new edition of Angels and Daemons. You get the studio album, associated recordings and a full live show. I might slightly prefer Blissard, but that’s me. If you want something a little poppier (like psychedelic, artsy pop), I’d go with Phanerothyme.

The “best of” collection, Supersonic Scientists, might be a good place to start.

As far as earlier stuff I also highly recommend the album "Trust Us" which, among other things, contains their best song ever "Vortex Surfer."

Just one?

From the early years, I’d go with the new edition of Angels and Daemons. You get the studio album, associated recordings and a full live show. I might slightly prefer Blissard, but that’s me. If you want something a little poppier (like psychedelic, artsy pop), I’d go with Phanerothyme.

The “best of” collection, Supersonic Scientists, might be a good place to start.
    Thanks man! I did hear some tunes from these albums last night, but their names escape me. I pretty much liked every song I listened to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    As far as earlier stuff I also highly recommend the album "Trust Us" which, among other things, contains their best song ever "Vortex Surfer."
    Thanks! Yes, that was the first tune that came up after searching on YT. Great song!

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    It's their single finest album as well - from what, comin' on 25 studio offerings now?

The new release, The Crucible, is their best one since Death-Defying (IMHO). Back to stone-noise scratch with three lengthy blowouts, one of them abit more sensitive and featuring my fave Norwegian musical hubby/wifey, Susanna Wallumrød and Helge Sten (Deathprod). As a cuppufu already know, they reside approx. six and a half meters from my very own kitchen (behind the window with the light in the sill):

uten navn.jpg

I'm so proud of that. My biggest ever claim to immortal fame.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    It's their single finest album as well - from what, comin' on 25 studio offerings now?

The new release, The Crucible, is their best one since Death-Defying (IMHO). Back to stone-noise scratch with three lengthy blowouts, one of them abit more sensitive and featuring my fave Norwegian musical hubby/wifey, Susanna Wallumrød and Helge Sten (Deathprod). As a cuppufu already know, they reside approx. six and a half meters from my very own kitchen (behind the window with the light in the sill):

uten navn.jpg

I'm so proud of that. My biggest ever claim to immortal fame.
    No. Not unless you get some. And prove it.

^ Alright, then! That pic is taken from the sympho-lymphoroom of my small apartment! We can discuss it in the sympho-lymphorum.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I went on a Motorpsycho YouTube binge last night for like 2 hours ...This is a real fuckin' good band. I really need to dig deeper as I started with 'Heavy Metal Fruit'. I'll definitely be getting the new one.

I would also go with Trust Us because it really feels like an amalgam of everything the band does well (or did well to that point - they've grown a bit in the last 20 years); big riff rockers, great pop songs, lots of psychedelic groove tunes. Timothy's Monster (from 1994) is another great double; not quite as diverse but that second disc is a real trip. If you can find it you could go with their first live album (Roadworks Vol. 1) which I think presents a really pure snapshot of the band as a trio. It's hard to go wrong with these guys. Even those Tussler albums are fantastic - look up a tune called "Cassie (Call on Me)" if you wanna hear some excellent Allman-style country rock. I dunno if I could pick a single "best" album from MP - they all scan as "mostly excellent, some filler" to me
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

JunoRecords.com has the new album up, promoted as follows:

MOTORPSYCHO
    The Crucible (LP + CD in fold-out sleeve)
    Rune Grammofon Norway
    Cat: MPLP 303. Rel: 15 Feb 19
    Psych/Garage Rock
    Psychotzar (8:46)
    Lux Aeterna (10:49)
    The Crucible (20:03)
    Psychotzar
    Lux Aeterna
    The Crucible
    Review: Norway legends of the scene Motorpsycho add yet another title to their cavernous discography - that dates back to 1990 - with The Crucible, an album riffing on the Salem Witch trials, which follows up from 2017's The Tower, adding yet more cultural dialect to their artistry following Let Them Eat Cake (2000) and Still Life With Eggplant (2013). Recorded last year at Monnow Valley Studios, Wales, with production hands Deathprod, aka Helge Sten, and Grammy Award Winner Andrew Scheps (think Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Audioslave and The Mars Volta), its epic title track, clocking in at 20-minutes, does the album justice alone. Taking up the entire B-side after two hellraising scrambles of avant-garde, psychedelic rock, Motorpsycho delivers a slow burning, storytelling journey through a thicket of pure sublimation.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

New album "The Crucible" is their prog album. I even trace YES within the sidelong piece.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    New album "The Crucible" is their prog album. I even trace YES within the sidelong piece.
    The VdGG influence on “Ship of Fools” is unmistakable. Saether confirmed that they’d been listening to VdGG while putting The Tower together.

Their influences often show, but they never fail to sound like Motorpsycho.

And here it is, the twenty minutes epic...

...and it's good.

Nice!

Broke down and ordered from StickMan directly. Picked up two albums by Elder while I was at it. Haven’t heard a note from them, so I’m jumping in blind.

Broke down and ordered from StickMan directly. Picked up two albums by Elder while I was at it. Haven’t heard a note from them, so I’m jumping in blind.
    That last Elder is excellent imo

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    That last Elder is excellent imo
    Elder's Live at Roadburn is fire.