Thread: Hackett get his own documentary!

Hackett get his own documentary!

After the insult to Mr. Hackett on the recent Genesis documenatry, what a better way than to have a documentary made on the man himself!

The Man, The Music features interviews, performance clips and studio sessions - as GTR re-release is announced
    Steve Hackett is the subject of an upcoming documentary DVD, which looks back over his entire career.

In Steve Hackett – The Man, The Music he talks about his time in Genesis and GTR alongside his solo years. The highs and lows of his path through prog are illustrated with interviews shot over a number of years.

The feature also includes interviews with Steven Wilson, the late Chris Squire and producer Roger King, plus performance clips.

And Hackett offers an insight into his working process via exclusive studio session footage.

The DVD will be launched in September via Wienerworld, and more details will be released in due course. Hackett launches a 14-disc career retrospective in October, and launches a UK tour the same month.

He's just confirmed a remastered re-release of GTR, his 1985 collaboration with Steve Howe – it's released on August 28 and all pre-ordered

Good for him. I hope to pick my copy up from the library. I'm interested in what he may have to say but I no longer have the inclination to purchase items such as this only to have them take up undisturbed space on my shelves.

Maybe I'm going through a phase...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I did wonder whether something like this would happen. The way he was snubbed in Together And Apart was atrocious and I saw it when it originally aired in the UK.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Thank you, Wienerworld!

* Bet you thought you'd never hear that phrase!
    Chad

Steve needs to get more recognition than he's had to date. With the success of Genesis Revisited and this documentary, maybe he will. I look forward to it.

Just got a copy, now to find time to view it!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"