Thread: Buzzfeed's "The Best Song Ever By 203 Famous Rock Bands"

Buzzfeed's "The Best Song Ever By 203 Famous Rock Bands"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/the...nds#.kpjDvdQJE

Pretty much just listicle clickbait, but some items of note:

(keep in mind that the numbers do not represent any kind of ranking. It's The Best Song Ever BY each band, not "the 203 best songs ever." Numbers presented just as a means of finding them on the list)

26. Can "Halleluwah" (not a bad pick actually, but I would have gone with "Mother Sky")

53. ELP "Jerusalem"

64. Genesis "Invisible Touch"

82. King Crimson "One More Red Nightmare"

117. Pink Floyd "Us and Them"

129. Rush "Tom Sawyer"

I was up in the middle of the night last night (long story) and while channel-surfing, I came across a panel discussion on Fox News, of all places, discussing this article on the program "Red Eye." To my great surprise, one of the commentators said "come on, "One More Red Nightmare" isn't even the best song on RED." He then name-checked the title track and "Starless."
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Red Eye...you must be referring to Greg Gutfeld (sp?)...He is one of the co-hosts on "The Five" and is a bona fide Prog-Head....Once during a segment on "The Five" the hosts were mentioning their favorite singers, Gutfeld listed Devin Townsend as his favorite....My jaw almost dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Red Eye...you must be referring to Greg Gutfeld (sp?)...He is one of the co-hosts on "The Five" and is a bona fide Prog-Head....Once during a segment on "The Five" the hosts were mentioning their favorite singers, Gutfeld listed Devin Townsend as his favorite....My jaw almost dropped.
    I work 2nd shift so am a night owl and occasionally watch Red Eye and yes he is a progger and it is not unusual from him to drop prog references from time to time.

They also said the best Stones song was "Monkey Man". That's when I knew I had been trolled.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Suspended
    Why 203 I wonder? There must have been some reason why they did not stop at 200.

At least he got Pink Floyd and Bon Jovi correct! 2 out of 203 ain't bad.
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 07-29-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Sad thing is, Mike, Tony and Phil would probably agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post

Nope, the new host is Tom Schillue. It was panelist Andy Levy (TV's Andy Levy) who made the KC comments.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire