Thread: Tell Me About This David Stone Guy

Tell Me About This David Stone Guy

Watching Rainbow '77 in Munich and wondering about David Stone.

I see from Wiki he was in Max Webster for one album and has done so little since then, or before, that there aren't even links to his bands.

You don't get to play with Ritchie if you suck, and he definitely didn't suck, but he's just sort of gone from the music scene after Rainbow and the one with MW. I've never heard how Ritchie found him nor how he left the group, nor anything else, ever.

Heck, I don't even know why/how Carey left/got booted. Ritchie, most likely, as he's got radio signals from Hungary coming to him from his hat.

I may call myself a Loony but I ain't got nothing on Ritchie. He and Candace were on the cover of Modern Witch a few years ago, circa 2003, and that's really all I probably need to know.

This David Stone guy, though, has me flummoxed. He got into the biz, then seems to have disappeared. Seems a bit odd.

Anyone got anything?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm almost sure news about him popped up in a thread a while back but my search-engine-fu isn't up to the task.

I have little luck with the search engine here which is not a stretch as I've been on other boards that are just as bad if not worse. Anyway, that's a somewhat interesting tidbit. Maybe someone will fill us in.

I'm no keys player but I do know a bit about a Hammond and it's not easy to master. DS was pretty good yet he up and disappeared after Rainbow. Maybe Ritchie pissed him off so badly that he decided to call a music career quits.

My Google-fu is strong.

http://jeffcramer.blogspot.com/2013/...ith-david.html

Always likedStone's playing. Long Live Rock and Roll is my favorite Rainbow rekkid.

And wow, I guess it's him playing on Battlescar by MW. I wuppose I knew that but it never really clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    My Google-fu is strong.
    Thanks for finding that. That was an AMAZING interview.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Thanks for finding that. That was an AMAZING interview.
    Agreed! Fascinating stuff!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

My Google-fu is strong.

http://jeffcramer.blogspot.com/2013/...ith-david.html

Always likedStone's playing. Long Live Rock and Roll is my favorite Rainbow rekkid.
    Ok, that was wild. Blackmore in a box. Who knew?

Many thanks. He didn't fall off the earth, he just went and played country music.

Thanks to Loony for starting the thread- I would never have found that otherwise!

Good interview. Never heard of this guy. Never been a Rainbow fan but I should get at least the Dio albums.

I'd personally start with Rainbow Rising and Long Live Rock and Roll.

I'd personally start with Rainbow Rising and Long Live Rock and Roll.
    Well, there's only the S/T left(plus live crap) so it's not as if there's really that much to discover.

Anyway, it's kinda funny. I never thought to actually Google the dude and see if there was a interview or something out there. I thought he wanted it that way, oh, damn, I'm not coming up with the right damned words to explain that thought process.

Whatever, I just never thought to look and see if some crazy Rainbow fan had searched him out and interviewed him. I really didn't think anyone would care other than myself. Seriously, that interview was done in 2013, not that long ago. It took that long for someone to search him out and get the scoop, even if he might have some of it wrong as the comments on that page say there's no way he was on On Stage. So my thought process wasn't that far off but someone really wanted those answers and got them so they get kudos from hell for that.

Why is it that DP/Rainbow gigs in foreign countries, located abroad, seem to have police attacking people with dogs? What the hell is with that shit? Makes my encounter the other day with the drunken ass from hell seem very insignificant compared to being eaten by dogs just because you wanted to see a band live. What the hell, did this happen with every band that played these places?

I get lucky with some of these questions. I was hoping for some stories and got lucky as someone here has Google-fu and unlike me, not Google - F.U. As shown in my recent search for a Yes hat. How that hat didn't come up in my 20 or so pages of searching, when it's on frikkin' Ebay, well, there's something wrong either on my end or the other end.

I'd rather ask a stupid question on PE than try and look it up for myself. That's no fun, as I mostly get sterilized crap and no info. This was one of the good ones. Plus, it's no fun if I can't share the knowledge.

What is Google fu? Never heard of it.

You know, when your mom tries to Google and fails because she can''t narrow down the best search string and gets 1,000,000 useless results... those with Google-Fu do not have this problem. We bend Google to our will.

This thread made me realise that I never owned "Long Live Rock N'Roll" since I discarded my vinyl in the 80s. Just picked it up on iTunes for 4.99.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-