Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Night of Prog in Berkeley

Mel, I'd buy you a beer but I'm pissed off you will be there and I will be here...
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Mel, Mind Furniture will buy you two beers!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Mel - always remember the old adage, "Charity Begins At Kurt's".

Were it not for my insides, I'd be sleeping on Kurt's couch that night!
    I'm bummed you can't make Mr. Geez. Mel, you are welcome here.

Marty & I will definetly be there. Getting excited. We haven't been out in ages.
    Kerry and Mel deserve a beer or two from M and me.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by MoZo View Post
    Got flight tickets ordered, car lined up and hotel reservations in place. Going to be a quick, get there, have fun, get out kind of weekend, but I am really looking forward to this. My first chance to hear MoeTar live (but I will hear them at RosFest too)....and I cannot wait to see and hear a brand new band (that would be you Kerry....hehehe)..... The only thing that will keep me from going now is the cancer thing (but we have that pretty much beaten...I just cannot say officially yet, cause the doctors won't say it officially). I would say I will be waving to all from the first row of the balcony, but I have a feeling there is no balcony in this venue..... I look forward to meeting everyone...
    Thank you so much, Steve -- really looking forward to meeting you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Marty & I will definetly be there. Getting excited. We haven't been out in ages.
    Kerry and Mel deserve a beer or two from M and me.
    Right on! Thanks man, see you two there...

Hell yeah!

Jefferson James
    Got our final rehearsals this week and we're as ready as we'll ever be. Nervous energy is a good thing, right? RIGHT?

Here's a snippet of a rehearsal recording featuring Matt Brown on synth -- hello Berkeley!

https://soundcloud.com/heliopolislap...board-jam-feat

See you all Saturday...get there safe.

Nice! I played the track for Marty. She liked it.

Thanks for all the beer posts! That made me laugh just now.

I'm getting the oil changed in my car on Thursday, and I plan to hit the road by Friday somewhere between 10am and noon. I want to get through the mountains before dark! Saturday morning, I will load up my car with storage items in Modesto and then head over to the Bay in the early afternoon. I love walking the Embarcadero whenever I can, even when I'm broke. San Fran is a beautiful city to be broke in, LOL! Then I'll head over to Berkeley in the early evening for the show. I'm not sure when I am heading back to Portland. It depends on if I have to pack up my sister's apartment before Jan. 31. I still don't know what her prognosis is, although it looks like she will be going into Assisted Living. In that case, I will probably hit the road again right after the show. I might take Hwy. 101 going back to avoid the mountains, since mountain driving eats up gas faster.

Anyway, blah blah blah, see you in a few days!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Ok, I am set. Flight gets into Oakland at about six Saturday night. Just enough time to get the car, get to the hotel to check in, then to the venue. This going to be fun. I look forward to seeing all of you.

Jefferson James
    Bump to encourage people to throw fireworks on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Bump to encourage people to throw fireworks on the stage.
    ...but not during the MoeTar set...

- Matt

Kerry rehearsals sounds fabulous good luck to all of you and when you get the time bring your act to New York so us East coast proggers can check it out!!!

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Kerry rehearsals sounds fabulous good luck to all of you and when you get the time bring your act to New York so us East coast proggers can check it out!!!
    Thanks for checking out the rehearsal recording, I really appreciate it.

As for playing New York, all I will say is we will play ANYWHERE, ANYTIME so long as the basics are covered: transportation, lodging and backline. We've got the time -- it's the money that's in short supply LOL.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Kerry rehearsals sounds fabulous good luck to all of you and when you get the time bring your act to New York so us East coast proggers can check out!!!
    It's nice to see us West coast fans get a shot once in a while. I'm sure you'll be seeing Heliopolis on the East coast. Maybe even a festival this year?
    Last edited by NorCalKurt; 01-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    ...but not during the MoeTar set...
    MoeTar are the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalKurt View Post
    It's nice to see us West coast fans get a shot once in a while. I'm sure you'll be seeing Heliopolis on the East coast. Maybe even a festival this year?
    Aw, thanks Kurt. As I've said before elsewhere, we're not even dreaming about getting asked to a festival at this point; we still have a ton of work to do as far as getting an album released (it WILL happen this year if I have any say in the matter), finding a label or doing it ourselves and, as of now, we've never played a live gig. We're hoping we're in good enough shape to come away with some half-decent audience video from the Berkeley gig to perhaps use as a sort-of calling card for future gigs. That's the plan, anyway.

We'll find out Saturday.

Well I've gotten the green light...the hall pass.......now it's just a matter of the details, but it does appear that Rapidfire and I will be joining y'all at the show! Looking forward to it.....

I'm not sure what I'll be wearing, but I'll keep you posted. Looking forward to saying hello to all you PE folks...!!

Have a great time everyone! I'll be there in spirit and no not like a poltergeist lol

I picked a bad time to climb on the alcohol-less wagon. Egads.

I am so there. Three days to go! Going to be a Whirlwind weekend for me, with very little sleep Saturday evening (early flight home on Sunday morning...hey, for $150 you have to take what you can get...). I am looking forward to a fantastic night of great music and meeting some good people. I will be easy to recognize, as I will be wearing a T-shirt which indicates my 'radioactive' personality (funny thing about cancer.....). Everyone travel safe and let's get ready for a fantastic night of great music!

I'm itching for some great live music.

Wow, I'm very impressed with amount of people traveling to see this event! You won't be disappointed.

WideOpenEars and I are in. We're saving our pennies right this minute.